- New delivery schedule for AIDAprima
- Baleària to build Spain’s first LNG-powered passenger ferries
- MSC Cruises enters China partnership, to homeport MSC Lirica in Shanghai from May 2016
- Michael Giresi named Senior Vice President and CIO for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Genting Hong Kong interim profit soars on sale gains
- Crystal in 2025: six ships, 10 river yachts, five ocean yachts, four aircraft - Rodriguez
- Expanding Crystal Cruises plans to open UK, Hong Kong offices
- Category: Top Headlines
- Published on Wednesday, 05 May 2010 07:02
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
A fire that broke out late on Monday night damaged Norwegian Cruise Line’s (NCL) 150,000 gross ton newbuilding Norwegian Epic at the STX France shipyard in St Nazaire, the Ouest-France.fr newspaper says on its website.
The fire started just after 11 PM local time aft on deck 4 below the galley and damaged mainly wiring. Firefighters were able to prevent it from spreading to other parts of the vessel and the vessel is likely to be delivered on 15 June as scheduled.
Eric Breux, spokesman for the shipyard, told the paper that work had resumed normally on board the ship apart from a fire zone aft on deck 4. The reason of the fire is being investigated and Florence Lecoq, prosecutor of St Nazaire, declined to comment on what might have caused it.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- August 'hat trick' for the island of Gozo
- BVI Ports Authority reports increased summer cruise arrivals
- Carnival on track for record year from Port of New Orleans in 2015
- Port Saint John modernization project to benefit cruise ships with harbour deepening
- Panama City aims to attract homeport business
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Trimline transform ship repairs with their new In-Service Support Department
- Eco-ferry Texelstroom launched in Spain
- Damen launches second of two ferries for the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Trimline appoints new CFO
- Wärtsilä to adjust its Ship Power business to reflect the weak market situation