- STX Finland strengthens board with two non-executive directors
- Three directors appointed to commercial teams of Cunard Line and P&O Cruises
- MedCruise General Assembly: Discussing and advancing best practices in Med ports
- Queen Victoria's dining options refreshed with new Verandah
- Silversea opens reservations for its 2015 World Cruise
- Carnival UK's Dingle airs thoughts of online's future role
- Carnival Corporation appoints Senior VP of Corporate Communications
- Gianni Onorato leaves Costa Crociere
- Mariner of the Seas celebrates maiden Hong Kong call – more Voyager-class programs announced for 2013 and 2014
- Star Cruises to homeport Aquarius in Kota Kinabalu from November 2013
- Creditors agree to $271 million emergency cash injection to STX Shipbuilding & Offshore
- Perception of top cruise brands continues US decline post Carnival Triumph - poll
Ports & Destinations
- Honduras President Lobo dedicates Banana Coast Port
- Martinique to welcome Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas
- Australian government grants AUD13 million to Norfolk Island cruise infrastructure
- Cruise Copenhagen Network focuses on new strategy to increase cruise guests to one million by 2015
- Six percent increase in cruise passenger throughput at Valencia in January-May
Products & services
- MEIKO appoints new head of export sales and marketing
- Wärtsilä launches a new more powerful version of its Wärtsilä 34DF engine
- Viking Cruises selects MAN engines to power its new ocean-going cruise ships
- Herkules Private Equity buys Umoe Schat-Harding and Noreq
- Viking Line to recycle vegetation brushed off from bottoms of ships
- Category: Products & services
- Published on Thursday, 31 May 2012 16:00
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Metalcolour A/S has, as of May 25, 2012, acquired DAMPA ApS in Tommerup, Denmark from the U.S. Chicago Metallic group. DAMPA, which in 2011 generated sales of some EUR 10 million, is a leading manufacturer of suspended metal ceiling systems for both marine and building applications.
DAMPA's history dates back to 1950-s, where the company invented the concept of sound absorbing perforated ceiling panels, which was launched under its original name "DAEMPA". Since then the company has spread its concept to most parts of the world where the current name "DAMPA" has become a synonym for these ceiling systems.
Metalcolour A/S, with group turnover of about EUR 25 million, manufactures coil coated and laminated steel and aluminium sheet for a variety of purposes, including shipping and building panels, appliances and automotive parts. It has two production facilities, one in Nykøbing Falster, Denmark and one in Ronneby, Sweden.
Metalcolour has for some years been DAMPA's main supplier of coated steel and aluminium, and through a closer integration between the two companies, substantial savings and more effective launch of new product designs and innovations are expected.
In connection with the acquisition the current Supply Chain Manager at DAMPA, Michael Nykjær, is appointed Plant Manager of DAMPA, while the Chairman and co-owner of Metalcolour A/S Henrik Kaa Andersen becomes CEO. After a short transition period, Michael Nykjær will take over this position.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas