- Double celebration at STX Finland's Turku Shipyard
- Holland America Line and Seabourn name My Nguyen Deputy Director of Interior Design
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines simplify dress code
- Viking Line reports steady interim loss as freight volumes fall, costs rise
- Cruise industry adopts Passenger Bill of Rights
- To regain pricing power, invest in upgrading fleet - analyst
- "Worst may not be over yet for Carnival brand” – Farley
- The American Steamboat Company to expand west
- Carnival shares open sharply lower in New York, partly recover in London after morning rout
- Carnival issues profit warning, says yields to fall, shares dive in London
- Richard J. O'Hanlon appointed Vice President, Nautical and Safety Operations for Carnival Cruise Lines
- Viking launches its ocean project, company rebrands
Ports & Destinations
- St. Kitts to receive calls from Royal Caribbean's new Quantum of the Seas
- Port of Barcelona hits an annual record
- Athens prepares to host Posidonia Sea Tourism Conference
- Norwegian Breakaway makes maiden call to Bermuda
- Study demonstrates that BC cruise ports continue to be an economic hub in Canada
Products & services
- Trimline completes work on Pullmantur’s Monarch
- Wallem opens offices in South Africa
- Trimline and Carnival UK agree an on board interior maintenance service for five ships
- Wärtsilä Aquarius ballast water system received final approval
- Wallem opens first hub of expertise in Singapore as it looks to establish strategic maritime locations around the world
- Category: Ports & Destinations
- Published on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 15:17
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Located to the west of the island's main beach, these perfectly-appointed private Cabanas boast exclusive service and amenities to provide guests with the ultimate island escape and total relaxation. Available for $249 per day, each Cabana accommodates up to six guests and is fully furnished with lounge chairs, tables, cooler, beach towels and a shower. Cabana rental also includes a $50 food and beverage credit; up to six all-day passes to the Hippo Waterslide, a $120 value; and one large float, a $25 value; for guests to enjoy during their time on the island.
Guests who reserve one of the 10 "Cabanas on the Cay" will enjoy priority tender service to the island and, upon arrival to their private cabana, will receive six complimentary bottles of water and a refreshing fruit basket. As they relax on one of the comfortable lounge chairs, guests will have the opportunity to use their $50 food and beverage credit towards pre-ordered "Cabanas on the Cay" food and beverage selections.
Norwegian has prepared an exclusive menu for Cabana guests consisting of delicious seafood, charcuterie, sushi and fruit platters. Guests who choose to dine at the Island's BBQ can use their credit towards one of the many beverage packages available exclusively for Cabana guests, or towards other beverage purchases on the island.
Each of the 10 Cabanas on the Cay are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and can be pre-booked as a shore excursion on ncl.com or through the Shore Excursion Desk on board.
Norwegian was the first cruise line to offer an uninhabited tropical island experience exclusively for its guests. Great Stirrup Cay offers magnificent white sand beaches, majestic palms and calm, pristine waters where an abundance of colorful marine life inhabits the surrounding coral reefs. Activities on the island include snorkeling; Waverunner(r) tour; eco boat tour; kayaking; parasailing; shopping at the straw market; and more.
Norwegian Sky makes year-round stops at Great Stirrup Cay on her three and four-day cruises from Miami. Norwegian Gem visits Great Stirrup Cay during her seven-day Bahamas & Florida itinerary from New York. Beginning in October, Norwegian Jewel will also stop at Great Stirrup Cay on her seven-day Bahamas & Florida cruises from New York. Norwegian Pearl will also visit Great Stirrup Cay this winter on her seven-day Western Caribbean itinerary from Miami. Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian's newest ship launching next spring, will visit Great Stirrup Cay on seven-day cruises from New York to Bahamas & Florida beginning in mid-October 2013.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas