- Finnlines intends to bid for Polferries
- Vago, Francis assets worth €33.3 million seized by Italian authorities in tax case - report
- P&O Cruises publishes menus of Britannia's fine dining restaurants Sindhu and Epicurean
- Princess Cruises christens first-ever Rose Parade float
- Damen awarded cruise ship repair contract
- Carnival Cruise Lines CEO Gerry Cahill to retire
- Norwegian posts strong rise in third quarter and nine month profit
- MS “Deutschland” mbH enters voluntary administration
- Two Hurtigruten directors, fund to bid NOK2.94 billion for company
- Quantum of the Seas delivered
- RCCL’s Europe yields enjoy third year of double digit year growth
- RCCL says 2015 outlook encouraging as Europe itineraries sell well
- Category: More News
- Published on Thursday, 27 October 2011 08:13
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Royal Caribbean International’s Splendour of the Seas enters into the Navantia ship yard in Cadiz, Spain to begin a five-week long, $35 million dry dock where she will receive an array of new amenities.
“The revitalisations are part of the Royal Advantage the lines commitment to offer vacationers the world’s most innovative cruise ships, exciting itineraries to popular destinations, and world-renowned friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service,” Royal Caribbean said in a statement.
Included in the new amenities on Splendour of the Seas will be new dining venues: Chops Grille, Izumi, the Boardwalk Dog House, Chefs Table and the Park Café; the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, a Diamond lounge for Crown and Anchor loyalty guests, a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and upgraded technology throughout.
In addition the ship will receive 124 new balconies and a host of new stateroom amenities including flat panel televisions. Other features being added to Splendour of the Seas include ship-wide WIFI, a digital way finding system, electronic mustering and an outdoor movie screen. Other enhancements to the ship will be announced in the coming weeks.
Upon completion of the refurbishments on November 25, Splendour of the Seas will sail a transatlantic voyage from Lisbon, Portugal to her seasonal homeport of Sao Paulo (Santos), Brazil. From there she will offer a variety of South American itineraries that take advantage of the summer season in Brazil.
Ports & Destinations
- Fred. Olsen to offer three overnight stays on Balmoral's cultural city cruise
- MSC Cruises USA celebrates National Cruise Vacation month with deals on Caribbean and Mediterranean sailings
- MSC Cruises in UK summer sailing 2015 promotion
- P&O Cruises offers free flights on some exotic 2015 cruises
- Carnival Cruise Lines renews its 'Great Vacation Guarantee' through 2015
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
Air & Sea
- Law firm urges airlines to follow guidelines to avoid potentially huge Ebola claims
- Air Canada announces new destinations
- Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- Etihad's Alitalia deal to strengthen Rome and Milan hubs
- Delta announces new service from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City