- Heaney appointed CFO at Carnival Cruise Line
- Doubling of Australian market by 2020 on horizon
- Australian cruise market passes 1.0 million mark, six years ahead of forecast
- CLIA names Thomas P. Ostebo as President and CEO
- Genting Hong Kong completes acquisition of Crystal Cruises, announces new Chairman and management positions
- TUI AG’s cruise performance continues to improve
- Daewoo interested in acquiring STX France stake -- report
- Category: More News
- Published on Thursday, 27 October 2011 08:13
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Royal Caribbean International’s Splendour of the Seas enters into the Navantia ship yard in Cadiz, Spain to begin a five-week long, $35 million dry dock where she will receive an array of new amenities.
“The revitalisations are part of the Royal Advantage the lines commitment to offer vacationers the world’s most innovative cruise ships, exciting itineraries to popular destinations, and world-renowned friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service,” Royal Caribbean said in a statement.
Included in the new amenities on Splendour of the Seas will be new dining venues: Chops Grille, Izumi, the Boardwalk Dog House, Chefs Table and the Park Café; the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, a Diamond lounge for Crown and Anchor loyalty guests, a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and upgraded technology throughout.
In addition the ship will receive 124 new balconies and a host of new stateroom amenities including flat panel televisions. Other features being added to Splendour of the Seas include ship-wide WIFI, a digital way finding system, electronic mustering and an outdoor movie screen. Other enhancements to the ship will be announced in the coming weeks.
Upon completion of the refurbishments on November 25, Splendour of the Seas will sail a transatlantic voyage from Lisbon, Portugal to her seasonal homeport of Sao Paulo (Santos), Brazil. From there she will offer a variety of South American itineraries that take advantage of the summer season in Brazil.
Alternative flash content
- Crystal Cruises unveils savings, inclusive perks and expanded shore excursions
- Princess Cruises Memorial Day Sale offers cruise deals to honor military service
- Carnival Cruise Line's 'Great Group Getaway' promotion offered through June 30
- P&O Cruises offers extra on board spending money on 200 plus cruises
- Princess Cruises offers cruise deals to celebrate the Mother's Day
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Air & Sea
- Finnair opens sales for flights with all-new Airbus A350 aircraft
- Emirates Airline to offer daily service between Dubai and Orlando
- Lufthansa sets new standards in cabin design and service
- Air Canada to launch nonstop service from Toronto to Dubai
- United Airlines adds Transatlantic routes for summer 2015