- Oceania Cruises launches new 'OLife' early booking initiative
- TUI Cruises on track to become major European player
- Hurtigruten buys Portuguese ferry for coastal express
- Affinity Gaming and Carnival Cruise Line form partnership
- Carnival launches custom-designed email marketing initiative aimed at new travel agents
- MSC Cruises to homeport MSC Opera in Cuba
- Fincantieri confirms Silversea behind 2014 luxury ship order
- Mein Schiff 1 and Mein Schiff 2 to Thomson after latest newbuildings delivered
- TUI Cruises orders two ships at Meyer Turku
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings to open sales office in Australia
- TUI Cruises' Meine Reise now allows booking services during cruise; calls and messenger to follow
- Updated: Nine confirmed dead on Alaska excursion plane crash
- Category: More News
- Published on Thursday, 27 October 2011 08:13
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Royal Caribbean International’s Splendour of the Seas enters into the Navantia ship yard in Cadiz, Spain to begin a five-week long, $35 million dry dock where she will receive an array of new amenities.
“The revitalisations are part of the Royal Advantage the lines commitment to offer vacationers the world’s most innovative cruise ships, exciting itineraries to popular destinations, and world-renowned friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service,” Royal Caribbean said in a statement.
Included in the new amenities on Splendour of the Seas will be new dining venues: Chops Grille, Izumi, the Boardwalk Dog House, Chefs Table and the Park Café; the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, a Diamond lounge for Crown and Anchor loyalty guests, a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and upgraded technology throughout.
In addition the ship will receive 124 new balconies and a host of new stateroom amenities including flat panel televisions. Other features being added to Splendour of the Seas include ship-wide WIFI, a digital way finding system, electronic mustering and an outdoor movie screen. Other enhancements to the ship will be announced in the coming weeks.
Upon completion of the refurbishments on November 25, Splendour of the Seas will sail a transatlantic voyage from Lisbon, Portugal to her seasonal homeport of Sao Paulo (Santos), Brazil. From there she will offer a variety of South American itineraries that take advantage of the summer season in Brazil.
Alternative flash content
- Swan Hellenic offers discounts for singles on some 2015 summer cruises
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in twin for sole occupancy offer
- Royal Caribbean offers up to $200 onboard credit during five-day WOW Sale
- Princess Cruises offers cruise savings during 'Great Getaways Sale'
- Norwegian's Freestyle Choice Spectacular available until end of July
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Scanship sells AWPs on four cruise vessels at a German yard
- ABB – top innovator for the marine industry in 2015
- Trimline completes refurbishments for Star Breeze and Star Legend
- DNV GL appoints Tor Svensen as Group EVP and Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen as Maritime CEO
- DNV GL and Jotun cooperate on hull performance