- AIDA Cruises reports 20% rise in 2013 passenger volume to 763,700
- Cruise Business Commentary - Next few weeks in Ukraine hold key to Black Sea season
- Cruise Business Commentary - FOCL impairment charge highlights valuation concerns
- Fred. Olsen books NOK411 million impairment charge against fleet
- TUI Cruises adds Black Sea, Arabian Gulf and Far East to portfolio 2015-16
- Norwegian forecasts strong rise in yields and EPS for 2014
- Norwegian reports strong final quarter, rise in costs hits full year
Alternative flash content
- Category: More News
- Published on Thursday, 27 October 2011 08:13
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Royal Caribbean International’s Splendour of the Seas enters into the Navantia ship yard in Cadiz, Spain to begin a five-week long, $35 million dry dock where she will receive an array of new amenities.
“The revitalisations are part of the Royal Advantage the lines commitment to offer vacationers the world’s most innovative cruise ships, exciting itineraries to popular destinations, and world-renowned friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service,” Royal Caribbean said in a statement.
Included in the new amenities on Splendour of the Seas will be new dining venues: Chops Grille, Izumi, the Boardwalk Dog House, Chefs Table and the Park Café; the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, a Diamond lounge for Crown and Anchor loyalty guests, a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and upgraded technology throughout.
In addition the ship will receive 124 new balconies and a host of new stateroom amenities including flat panel televisions. Other features being added to Splendour of the Seas include ship-wide WIFI, a digital way finding system, electronic mustering and an outdoor movie screen. Other enhancements to the ship will be announced in the coming weeks.
Upon completion of the refurbishments on November 25, Splendour of the Seas will sail a transatlantic voyage from Lisbon, Portugal to her seasonal homeport of Sao Paulo (Santos), Brazil. From there she will offer a variety of South American itineraries that take advantage of the summer season in Brazil.
Ports & Destinations
- Costa Crociere brings Costa neoCollection slow cruising to Mediterranean
- Royal Caribbean seeks UK blogger for Allure of the Seas' Mediterranean season
- Princess Cruises offers up to 40% off with Summer Super Savers
- Royal Caribbean International rolls out family-friendly offers for March
- Amawaterways' top 10 offers in UK
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas