- Vigor Alaska to build Alaska's to day ferries
- British man that started fire on DFDS ferry sentenced for 11 years in prison
- AIDA Cruises appoints Dr. Gregor Brendel as new SVP Hotel Operations & Guest Experience
- Pandaw to launch Brahmaputra River programme March 2015
- Norwegian Escape keel laying held at Meyer Werft
- Carnival Corporation & plc reports third quarter earnings
- MedCruise elects Carla Salvadό as new President
- Meyer Werft’s Turku acquisition and TUI Cruises’ two orders confirmed
- Cruising injected $44 billion in US economy 2013 – study
- Cruise industry worldwide expenditures $117 billion in 2013 - CLIA
- Holland America Line names its new ship as Koningsdam
- Dingle to become Carnival UK chairman, Noyes new CEO
- Category: More News
- Published on Thursday, 27 October 2011 08:13
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Royal Caribbean International’s Splendour of the Seas enters into the Navantia ship yard in Cadiz, Spain to begin a five-week long, $35 million dry dock where she will receive an array of new amenities.
“The revitalisations are part of the Royal Advantage the lines commitment to offer vacationers the world’s most innovative cruise ships, exciting itineraries to popular destinations, and world-renowned friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service,” Royal Caribbean said in a statement.
Included in the new amenities on Splendour of the Seas will be new dining venues: Chops Grille, Izumi, the Boardwalk Dog House, Chefs Table and the Park Café; the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, a Diamond lounge for Crown and Anchor loyalty guests, a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and upgraded technology throughout.
In addition the ship will receive 124 new balconies and a host of new stateroom amenities including flat panel televisions. Other features being added to Splendour of the Seas include ship-wide WIFI, a digital way finding system, electronic mustering and an outdoor movie screen. Other enhancements to the ship will be announced in the coming weeks.
Upon completion of the refurbishments on November 25, Splendour of the Seas will sail a transatlantic voyage from Lisbon, Portugal to her seasonal homeport of Sao Paulo (Santos), Brazil. From there she will offer a variety of South American itineraries that take advantage of the summer season in Brazil.
- P&O Cruises offers free flights on some exotic 2015 cruises
- Carnival Cruise Lines renews its 'Great Vacation Guarantee' through 2015
- Costa Cruises to offer free upgrades and reduced deposits on Caribbean cruises from Miami
- Norwegian Cruise Line UK in all inclusive package promotion
- Princess launches 'Endless Summer Sale'
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
Air & Sea
- Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- Etihad's Alitalia deal to strengthen Rome and Milan hubs
- Delta announces new service from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City
- Etihad to add six new destinations during the first half of 2015
- Enhanced security measures at certain airports for U.S. bound flights