- Royal Caribbean to redeploy Explorer from Cape Liberty to Port Canaveral
- Serenissima refloated after Scottish incident
- British TV nature presenter Tony Soper to offer Vistas on Boudicca in October
- Holland America Line makes three director appointments in fleet operations department
- Windstar Cruises introduces new yacht and voyage collection
- The American Steamboat Company to expand west
- Carnival shares open sharply lower in New York, partly recover in London after morning rout
- Carnival issues profit warning, says yields to fall, shares dive in London
- Richard J. O'Hanlon appointed Vice President, Nautical and Safety Operations for Carnival Cruise Lines
- Viking launches its ocean project, company rebrands
- Royal Caribbean's Vice Chairman and CFO Rice to retire
- TUI AG to restructure Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrten unit after its deep interim losses
Ports & Destinations
- Port of Barcelona hits an annual record
- Athens prepares to host Posidonia Sea Tourism Conference
- Norwegian Breakaway makes maiden call to Bermuda
- Study demonstrates that BC cruise ports continue to be an economic hub in Canada
- Ports America awarded operating contract for Port of Los Angeles Cruise Terminal
Products & services
- Trimline completes work on Pullmantur’s Monarch
- Wallem opens offices in South Africa
- Trimline and Carnival UK agree an on board interior maintenance service for five ships
- Wärtsilä Aquarius ballast water system received final approval
- Wallem opens first hub of expertise in Singapore as it looks to establish strategic maritime locations around the world
- Category: Latest News
- Published on Tuesday, 08 May 2012 08:25
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Royal Caribbean International says it will offer Mediterranean and Northern Europe sailings on three ships in summer 2013 – the largest ever deployment to the UK from the business. The 2,112-guest Brilliance of the Seas will sail from Harwich, joining the already-announced UK-based ships of Adventure of Seas and Independence of the Seas sailing from Southampton. It will replace Jewel of the Seas, another member of the Radiance class quartet.
Brilliance of the Seas joins the UK cruise departure options from Royal Caribbean International following a multi-million dollar revitalisation that will take place during an extensive dry-dock refurbishment programme in May 2013.
Brand new features that will premier for the first time in Harwich at the start of the 2013 season include a large outdoor cinema screen; new speciality restaurants including sushi, steakhouse and Mexican options; new bars including a traditional English pub; flat screen TV’s in all stateroom accommodation; a new nursery for babies and toddlers, plus lots more.
"An exceptionally popular ship with UK holidaymakers, Brilliance of the Seas has previously been based in Europe during the summer, and winter hot-spot Dubai for the colder months. The deployment of Brilliance of the Seas to Harwich will also increase the number of cruises from the port for Royal Caribbean International compared to 2012<' the company said.
From Harwich, Brilliance of the Seas will sail to Northern Europe and the Baltic Sea on 11 and 12-night cruises. Itinerary highlights from the new 2013 season include:
· A 12-night Scandinavia and Russia cruise departing Harwich and calling at Copenhagen, Denmark; Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; Talinn, Estonia; Gothenburg, Sweden; and an overnight in St. Petersburg, Russia. Departs 15 May 2013 from £1,146 per person.
· A 11-night Norwegian Fjords and Iceland cruise departing Harwich and calling at Bergen and Geiranger, Norway; Lerwick/Shetland, Scotland; Klaksvik, Faroe Islands; and an overnight in Reykjavik, Iceland. Departs 27 July 2013 from £1,238 per person.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas