- Miller named Vice President of Nautical and safety Operations for Carnival Cruise Line
- Wartsila says cruise vessel contracting doubled last year
- Queen Elizabeth to make maiden call to Long Beach on February 5
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings opens sales office in Brazil
- CLIA UK & Ireland to host River Cruise Weekend in March
- Costa Group strengthens organization
- RCCL revises 2015 earnings per share forecast slightly higher to $4.65-$4.85
- RCCL final quarter, full year 2014 net profit soar
- Carnival Corporation and China Merchants Group signs MOU for two potential joint ventures to help expand the cruise industry in China
- All planned cruises of Deutschland cancelled as sale of ship not agreed
- RCCL to report final quarter and full year 2014 results on 29 January
- Carnival Vista to offer sweeping ocean views, high altitude sky ride and IMAX theatre
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 22:00
Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) today announced the introduction of a new entertainment concept, “Dinner and a Show”, aboard the 700-guest, all-suite, all-balcony vessels Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Mariner. The evening’s entertainment, consisting of a gourmet meal in one of the line’s exclusive alternative dining venues, followed by an intimate cabaret-style performance in an elegant lounge, has already proved a hit during the recent introduction aboard both ships as they operate their respective World Cruises.
“We are adding an extra layer to our regular entertainment on these longer voyages,” said Michael Day, Senior Director of Entertainment for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “We wanted to create a truly memorable night that includes a very special menu and some of today’s great cabaret performers from around the world. We are delighted by the high level of interest this concept has generated and, more importantly, the extremely positive response it has elicited from our discerning guests,” he added.
Following a cocktail party featuring French canapés and cocktails, guests enjoy a gourmet meal, accompanied by fine wines, from a special Opera-inspired menu. Highlights of the meal include a Sicilian lobster salad to start, a choice of Tournedos Rossini or Branzino al Ferri for the main course, topped off with Gateau Opera and Petit Fours for dessert. The meal is served in Signatures Restaurant, one of the ships’ alternative dining venues.
Following the meal, the guests adjourn to the redesigned Horizon Lounge for the evening’s performance. To date, these have consisted of special performances from Broadway’s Tony award-winning show “Forbidden Broadway”; and Key West & Palm Beach’s society singer/pianist Bobby Nesbitt and Friends performing their show “The Lyrics of Oscar Hammerstein.” Future “Dinner and a Show” entertainers scheduled to perform are: Broadway Star KT Sullivan; Australian Mo award-winning singer Rhonda Burchmore; New York cabaret star Jeff Hamar; actress and singing star Susan Anton; and, direct from Buenos Aires, “Tango e Tango”.
As with all entertainment aboard the ships of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, there is no additional charge for “Dinner and a Show”. However, reservations are required for this exclusive evening.
Alternative flash content
- Carnival Cruise Line offers special Carnival Vista Europe group promotion through February 28
- Norwegian Cruise Line UK launches Wave Season promotion
- Bookings open for Britain's first cookery school at sea on Britannia
- Holland America Line's new 'ReadySetSail' promotion features upgrades and savings on select 2015 summer cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Line is offering 12 days of daily deals on new cruise bookings
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- KONE wins a fourth consecutive Oasis-class order
- TUI Cruises installs Resco PMS on its fleet
- Cruise line supply networks – tides are changing with shift in global economics
- ABB wins marine orders for Star Cruises newbuildings
- Norwegian selects Rolls-Royce permanent magnet tunnel thruster for Norwegian Epic upgrade