- Royal Caribbean rumoured to talk of orders with Meyer Turku
- Princess Cruises to have five ships in Australia in 2016-17
- Disney to start river cruises on Danube
- Ovation of the Seas to homeport in Sydney winter 2016-17
- Meyer acquires remaining 30% of Turku shipyard shares
- Royal Caribbean takes delivery of Anthem of the Seas
- Princess Cruises unveils 2016 Japan cruise program
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 22:00
Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) today announced the introduction of a new entertainment concept, “Dinner and a Show”, aboard the 700-guest, all-suite, all-balcony vessels Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Mariner. The evening’s entertainment, consisting of a gourmet meal in one of the line’s exclusive alternative dining venues, followed by an intimate cabaret-style performance in an elegant lounge, has already proved a hit during the recent introduction aboard both ships as they operate their respective World Cruises.
“We are adding an extra layer to our regular entertainment on these longer voyages,” said Michael Day, Senior Director of Entertainment for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “We wanted to create a truly memorable night that includes a very special menu and some of today’s great cabaret performers from around the world. We are delighted by the high level of interest this concept has generated and, more importantly, the extremely positive response it has elicited from our discerning guests,” he added.
Following a cocktail party featuring French canapés and cocktails, guests enjoy a gourmet meal, accompanied by fine wines, from a special Opera-inspired menu. Highlights of the meal include a Sicilian lobster salad to start, a choice of Tournedos Rossini or Branzino al Ferri for the main course, topped off with Gateau Opera and Petit Fours for dessert. The meal is served in Signatures Restaurant, one of the ships’ alternative dining venues.
Following the meal, the guests adjourn to the redesigned Horizon Lounge for the evening’s performance. To date, these have consisted of special performances from Broadway’s Tony award-winning show “Forbidden Broadway”; and Key West & Palm Beach’s society singer/pianist Bobby Nesbitt and Friends performing their show “The Lyrics of Oscar Hammerstein.” Future “Dinner and a Show” entertainers scheduled to perform are: Broadway Star KT Sullivan; Australian Mo award-winning singer Rhonda Burchmore; New York cabaret star Jeff Hamar; actress and singing star Susan Anton; and, direct from Buenos Aires, “Tango e Tango”.
As with all entertainment aboard the ships of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, there is no additional charge for “Dinner and a Show”. However, reservations are required for this exclusive evening.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- Royal Caribbean promotes Chinese city of Guangzhou
- Anthem of the Seas departed Columbus Cruise Center after final outfitting
- Gothenburg cruise season under way
- $55 million to enhance cruise ship greeting operations at Québec and Montréal
- Carnival Liberty is first ship to berth at Tortola's newly renovated pier
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- AIDA Cruises installs EMMA onboard its fleet
- Two cruise ship drydocks at Lloyd Werft
- TTS to supply shell doors and platforms for Star Cruises newbuilds
- MCP CEO: Coming 4G networks can revolutionize cruise ship passenger experience
- ABB's marine solutions to boost efficiency, reliability and flexibility of Tallink's first LNG-powered ferry
Air & Sea
- Finnair opens sales for flights with all-new Airbus A350 aircraft
- Emirates Airline to offer daily service between Dubai and Orlando
- Lufthansa sets new standards in cabin design and service
- Air Canada to launch nonstop service from Toronto to Dubai
- United Airlines adds Transatlantic routes for summer 2015