- Britannia to feature largest spa in P&O Cruises’ fleet
- Viking Line suffers sharp weakening of second quarter and first half interims
- Lloyd Werft appoints Petersjohann to head engineering and offshore
- Rolls-Royce completes Power Systems acquisition
- Carnival Cruise Lines honors top travel agencies with 'Excellence Awards'
- Quantum class ships to float on bed of air bubbles, waste glass etc. frozen to prevent bacteria growth
- Quantum class Two70 windows to become video screens, Bionic bar robots mix drinks
- Quantum to offer six times faster Internet than other cruise ships, allows streaming video, use of Facetime, Skype
- Quantum of the Seas to introduce robotic entertainment, eliminates check in counter in host of high tech firsts at sea
- Cruise Business Commentary - Persistent perception problem highlights inadequacy of supply driven business model
- UK cruise sector “under pressure to fill capacity” unless conceptions change - report
- Tallink issues profit warning after sharp deterioration in second quarter and first half results
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 22:00
Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) today announced the introduction of a new entertainment concept, “Dinner and a Show”, aboard the 700-guest, all-suite, all-balcony vessels Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Mariner. The evening’s entertainment, consisting of a gourmet meal in one of the line’s exclusive alternative dining venues, followed by an intimate cabaret-style performance in an elegant lounge, has already proved a hit during the recent introduction aboard both ships as they operate their respective World Cruises.
“We are adding an extra layer to our regular entertainment on these longer voyages,” said Michael Day, Senior Director of Entertainment for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “We wanted to create a truly memorable night that includes a very special menu and some of today’s great cabaret performers from around the world. We are delighted by the high level of interest this concept has generated and, more importantly, the extremely positive response it has elicited from our discerning guests,” he added.
Following a cocktail party featuring French canapés and cocktails, guests enjoy a gourmet meal, accompanied by fine wines, from a special Opera-inspired menu. Highlights of the meal include a Sicilian lobster salad to start, a choice of Tournedos Rossini or Branzino al Ferri for the main course, topped off with Gateau Opera and Petit Fours for dessert. The meal is served in Signatures Restaurant, one of the ships’ alternative dining venues.
Following the meal, the guests adjourn to the redesigned Horizon Lounge for the evening’s performance. To date, these have consisted of special performances from Broadway’s Tony award-winning show “Forbidden Broadway”; and Key West & Palm Beach’s society singer/pianist Bobby Nesbitt and Friends performing their show “The Lyrics of Oscar Hammerstein.” Future “Dinner and a Show” entertainers scheduled to perform are: Broadway Star KT Sullivan; Australian Mo award-winning singer Rhonda Burchmore; New York cabaret star Jeff Hamar; actress and singing star Susan Anton; and, direct from Buenos Aires, “Tango e Tango”.
As with all entertainment aboard the ships of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, there is no additional charge for “Dinner and a Show”. However, reservations are required for this exclusive evening.
Ports & Destinations
- High New Zealand costs challenging cruise lines
- Cunard's Queen Victoria makes maiden call at St Raphael on the Cote d'Azur
- Trasmediterranea to provide port handling services in Balearic Islands
- Mein Schiff 3 will inaugurate the lengthened pier in La Gomera
- Construction of Hamburg's third cruise terminal commences
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
Air & Sea
- Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- Etihad's Alitalia deal to strengthen Rome and Milan hubs
- Delta announces new service from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City
- Etihad to add six new destinations during the first half of 2015
- Enhanced security measures at certain airports for U.S. bound flights