- Welsh actor Rob Brydon to front new advertising campaign for P&O Cruises
- Astor to reposition to Fremantle via Panama
- Costa neoClassica enters service following $28.1 million restyling
- Norwegian unveils details of Norwegian Escape activities and entertainment offerings
- Aurora re-enters service with new livery after £32 million refit
- Fincantieri wins Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line orders
- CBR Odo Commentary – Opening of Cuba to US cruising could have far reaching implications
- US, Cuba restore diplomatic ties, travel restrictions eased, cruise shipping shares gain
- Christine Duffy named President of Carnival Cruise Lines
- RCCL enters partnership deal with Ctrip’s rival
- Updated: Engine room fire on Insignia brought under control - report
- Tallink and Meyer Turku signs letter of intent for new generation LNG powered fast ferry
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 22:00
Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) today announced the introduction of a new entertainment concept, “Dinner and a Show”, aboard the 700-guest, all-suite, all-balcony vessels Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Mariner. The evening’s entertainment, consisting of a gourmet meal in one of the line’s exclusive alternative dining venues, followed by an intimate cabaret-style performance in an elegant lounge, has already proved a hit during the recent introduction aboard both ships as they operate their respective World Cruises.
“We are adding an extra layer to our regular entertainment on these longer voyages,” said Michael Day, Senior Director of Entertainment for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “We wanted to create a truly memorable night that includes a very special menu and some of today’s great cabaret performers from around the world. We are delighted by the high level of interest this concept has generated and, more importantly, the extremely positive response it has elicited from our discerning guests,” he added.
Following a cocktail party featuring French canapés and cocktails, guests enjoy a gourmet meal, accompanied by fine wines, from a special Opera-inspired menu. Highlights of the meal include a Sicilian lobster salad to start, a choice of Tournedos Rossini or Branzino al Ferri for the main course, topped off with Gateau Opera and Petit Fours for dessert. The meal is served in Signatures Restaurant, one of the ships’ alternative dining venues.
Following the meal, the guests adjourn to the redesigned Horizon Lounge for the evening’s performance. To date, these have consisted of special performances from Broadway’s Tony award-winning show “Forbidden Broadway”; and Key West & Palm Beach’s society singer/pianist Bobby Nesbitt and Friends performing their show “The Lyrics of Oscar Hammerstein.” Future “Dinner and a Show” entertainers scheduled to perform are: Broadway Star KT Sullivan; Australian Mo award-winning singer Rhonda Burchmore; New York cabaret star Jeff Hamar; actress and singing star Susan Anton; and, direct from Buenos Aires, “Tango e Tango”.
As with all entertainment aboard the ships of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, there is no additional charge for “Dinner and a Show”. However, reservations are required for this exclusive evening.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- Bookings open for Britain's first cookery school at sea on Britannia
- Holland America Line's new 'ReadySetSail' promotion features upgrades and savings on select 2015 summer cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Line is offering 12 days of daily deals on new cruise bookings
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in promotion that encourages multiple purchases
- Norwegian offers special Black Friday savings
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Wärtsilä wins contracts for sea water desalination systems for seven cruise ships
- Wärtsilä to acquire L-3 Marine Systems in €285 million deal
- Damen Shiprepair Vlissingen carries out extensive cruise ship maintenance
- Scanship sells fourth clean ship system for Viking newbulding
- Pocadel launches super wide B15 glass sliding / tandem door for marine use