- Carnival UK again allows some agents to hold customers’ funds
- Telegraph Cruise Show in London 10 to 12 January
- Costa launches Costa Adventures to cater for children
- Thomson Cruises to add 76 balconies on three of its five ships
- UK agents "blatantly undercutting one another," Viking River Cruises reported saying
- TUI Travel's online sales grow four times faster than overall sales
- TUI Travel upbeat after strong 2013 financial year
- ABB wins $180 million in orders from cruise ship builders in 2013
- Carnival Corporation names Vice Admiral William Burke as its first-ever Chief Maritime Officer
- Thomson Cruises launches app to showcase ships as 18% of customers book with tablet or smart phone
- Norwegian prices 22 million share secondary offer at $33.25 per share
- Norwegian’s principal shareholders in 22 million share secondary offering
Ports & Destinations
- Bacardi Bar opens on Norwegian's private island
- Three British cruise ships to visit Gothenburg's Christmas markets
- Atlantic Alliance ports exceed forecast and welcome 2.5 million passengers 2013
- Le Havre provides Christmas atmosphere
- BVI Ports Authority welcomes AIDAbella's first call to the territory
Alternative flash content
Products & services
- Wärtsilä to supply propulsion package to German short haul ferry
- Lloyd's Register unveils refreshed brand identity
- Trimline wins contract to upgrade, extend facilities on British ferry
- MEIKO receives Mercury Award for M-iQ technology
- Saint-Gobain delivers glass and insulation materials to cruise ships
- Category: Latest News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 22:00
Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) today announced the introduction of a new entertainment concept, “Dinner and a Show”, aboard the 700-guest, all-suite, all-balcony vessels Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Mariner. The evening’s entertainment, consisting of a gourmet meal in one of the line’s exclusive alternative dining venues, followed by an intimate cabaret-style performance in an elegant lounge, has already proved a hit during the recent introduction aboard both ships as they operate their respective World Cruises.
“We are adding an extra layer to our regular entertainment on these longer voyages,” said Michael Day, Senior Director of Entertainment for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “We wanted to create a truly memorable night that includes a very special menu and some of today’s great cabaret performers from around the world. We are delighted by the high level of interest this concept has generated and, more importantly, the extremely positive response it has elicited from our discerning guests,” he added.
Following a cocktail party featuring French canapés and cocktails, guests enjoy a gourmet meal, accompanied by fine wines, from a special Opera-inspired menu. Highlights of the meal include a Sicilian lobster salad to start, a choice of Tournedos Rossini or Branzino al Ferri for the main course, topped off with Gateau Opera and Petit Fours for dessert. The meal is served in Signatures Restaurant, one of the ships’ alternative dining venues.
Following the meal, the guests adjourn to the redesigned Horizon Lounge for the evening’s performance. To date, these have consisted of special performances from Broadway’s Tony award-winning show “Forbidden Broadway”; and Key West & Palm Beach’s society singer/pianist Bobby Nesbitt and Friends performing their show “The Lyrics of Oscar Hammerstein.” Future “Dinner and a Show” entertainers scheduled to perform are: Broadway Star KT Sullivan; Australian Mo award-winning singer Rhonda Burchmore; New York cabaret star Jeff Hamar; actress and singing star Susan Anton; and, direct from Buenos Aires, “Tango e Tango”.
As with all entertainment aboard the ships of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, there is no additional charge for “Dinner and a Show”. However, reservations are required for this exclusive evening.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas