- Holland America Line makes three director appointments in fleet operations department
- Windstar Cruises introduces new yacht and voyage collection
- Mein Schiff 3 to improve energy efficiency by about 30%
- Regent Seven Seas makes itinerary changes for fall 2014
- Mein Schiff 1 godmother to celebrate fourth anniversary of ship with gala concert
- Carnival issues profit warning, says yields to fall, shares dive in London
- Richard J. O'Hanlon appointed Vice President, Nautical and Safety Operations for Carnival Cruise Lines
- Viking launches its ocean project, company rebrands
- Royal Caribbean's Vice Chairman and CFO Rice to retire
- TUI AG to restructure Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrten unit after its deep interim losses
- RCCL to revitalise Voyager of the Seas before 2014-15 Australasia deployment
- High airfares force Carnival Cruise Lines out of Europe 2014
Ports & Destinations
- Athens prepares to host Posidonia Sea Tourism Conference
- Norwegian Breakaway makes maiden call to Bermuda
- Study demonstrates that BC cruise ports continue to be an economic hub in Canada
- Ports America awarded operating contract for Port of Los Angeles Cruise Terminal
- Cruise tourism's contribution to Dubai's tourism growth due to grow in 2014
Products & services
- Wallem opens offices in South Africa
- Trimline and Carnival UK agree an on board interior maintenance service for five ships
- Wärtsilä Aquarius ballast water system received final approval
- Wallem opens first hub of expertise in Singapore as it looks to establish strategic maritime locations around the world
- AIDA calls at Lloyd Werft for the first time
- Category: Latest News
- Published on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 14:29
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
P&O Cruises will show live BBC World News coverage of HM The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations on June 5, the company said in a statement.
Highlights of the coverage will include:
· HRH The Duke and HRH The Duchess of Cambridge’s first formal carriage ride since their wedding in April 2011.
· HRH The Prince of Wales, HRH The Duchess of Cornwall and HRH Prince Harry joining the procession.
· HM The Queen's 1902 state landau travelling along Whitehall and the Mall to Buckingham Palace following the Diamond Jubilee lunch in Westminster Hall.
· The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment providing a Sovereign's Escort for the remaining members of the royal party.
· HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh gathering with senior royals on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to greet the crowds and watch an RAF formation fly past.
In addition to the live coverage on June 5 passengers will also have the opportunity to watch a three-part series called, Diamond Queen, in which Andrew Marr from the BBC looks at the life and reign of HM Queen Elizabeth II, interspersed with interviews from members of the Royal Family. Diamond Queen will air on board on June 2nd/3rd, 9th/10th and 16th/17th.
P&O Cruises managing director, Carol Marlow said: “We are delighted to be showing live coverage of the Diamond Jubilee on board. As Britain’s favourite cruise line we want to ensure that all of our passengers can enjoy world class coverage of this historic occasion while enjoying their holiday”.
All coverage will be shown live in public areas on board, and is satellite dependent.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas