- Double celebration at STX Finland's Turku Shipyard
- Holland America Line and Seabourn name My Nguyen Deputy Director of Interior Design
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines simplify dress code
- Viking Line reports steady interim loss as freight volumes fall, costs rise
- Cruise industry adopts Passenger Bill of Rights
- To regain pricing power, invest in upgrading fleet - analyst
- "Worst may not be over yet for Carnival brand” – Farley
- The American Steamboat Company to expand west
- Carnival shares open sharply lower in New York, partly recover in London after morning rout
- Carnival issues profit warning, says yields to fall, shares dive in London
- Richard J. O'Hanlon appointed Vice President, Nautical and Safety Operations for Carnival Cruise Lines
- Viking launches its ocean project, company rebrands
Ports & Destinations
- St. Kitts to receive calls from Royal Caribbean's new Quantum of the Seas
- Port of Barcelona hits an annual record
- Athens prepares to host Posidonia Sea Tourism Conference
- Norwegian Breakaway makes maiden call to Bermuda
- Study demonstrates that BC cruise ports continue to be an economic hub in Canada
Products & services
- Trimline completes work on Pullmantur’s Monarch
- Wallem opens offices in South Africa
- Trimline and Carnival UK agree an on board interior maintenance service for five ships
- Wärtsilä Aquarius ballast water system received final approval
- Wallem opens first hub of expertise in Singapore as it looks to establish strategic maritime locations around the world
- Category: Latest News
- Published on Friday, 17 August 2012 02:08
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
P&O Cruises says it will be the new sponsor of the third series of the UK's most popular drama, Downton Abbey.
"Idents (short films) featuring P&O Cruises will be shown at the beginning of each episode and either side of commercial breaks. They will be filmed on a P&O Cruises holiday and will show different aspects of the holiday that newcomers particularly enjoy".
"Viewers will be encouraged to look on the P&O Cruises website for further insight into the range of holidays available and to have the opportunity to win a cruise. The fully integrated sponsorship package will include broadcast, online and mobile elements as well as social media," the company said in a statement.
P&O Cruises managing director Carol Marlow said: “We are delighted to sponsor such a celebrated programme as Downton Abbey. We know that many of our passengers and potential passengers watch Downton Abbey and we are excited to bring P&O Cruises to life for this vast audience.”
The most recent series of Downton Abbey averaged 11.8 million viewers and a 38% share of the audience, peaking with 12.4 million viewers and a 41% share of the audience on 6th November 2011. Downton Abbey’s Christmas special was also rated as the most-watched Christmas Day show, achieving a consolidated audience of 11.6 million viewers.
ITV Account Sales Manager, Mike Barrett said: "Downton Abbey was the most watched drama of 2011 and has achieved a fantastic 16 nominations for the upcoming Emmy awards. It is with great pleasure that we are able to announce that P&O Cruises will be the new sponsor of this drama phenomenon, and we look forward to working with them to deliver an engaging multi-platform partnership for the coming series."
P&O Cruises, which is part of Carnival Corp & plc group, has a fleet of seven ships and an eight unit, a 141,000 gross ton newbuilding due to enter service in 2015, is on order at Fincantieri in Italy.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas