- Vago, Francis assets worth €33.3 million seized by Italian authorities in tax case - report
- P&O Cruises publishes menus of Britannia's fine dining restaurants Sindhu and Epicurean
- Princess Cruises christens first-ever Rose Parade float
- Damen awarded cruise ship repair contract
- Bohai Ferry to launch cruise itinerary from Shanghai
- MS “Deutschland” mbH enters voluntary administration
- Two Hurtigruten directors, fund to bid NOK2.94 billion for company
- Quantum of the Seas delivered
- RCCL’s Europe yields enjoy third year of double digit year growth
- RCCL says 2015 outlook encouraging as Europe itineraries sell well
- RCCL on track seen in July as Europe, Asia shine
- RCCL third quarter net profit reaches $490.2 million
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Ports & Destinations
- Med Cruise contributed to Green Ports Cruise Conference
- Strong Arabian cruise season under way
- Rivages du Monde chooses the Port of Montreal as home port for the 2015 season
- Sir Stephen Hawking used two cruise liners to attend Tenerife science festival
- Despite fewer calls, Rostock set passenger record in 2014 season
- Fred. Olsen to offer three overnight stays on Balmoral's cultural city cruise
- MSC Cruises USA celebrates National Cruise Vacation month with deals on Caribbean and Mediterranean sailings
- MSC Cruises in UK summer sailing 2015 promotion
- P&O Cruises offers free flights on some exotic 2015 cruises
- Carnival Cruise Lines renews its 'Great Vacation Guarantee' through 2015
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
Air & Sea
- Law firm urges airlines to follow guidelines to avoid potentially huge Ebola claims
- Air Canada announces new destinations
- Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- Etihad's Alitalia deal to strengthen Rome and Milan hubs
- Delta announces new service from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City