- STX Finland strengthens board with two non-executive directors
- Three directors appointed to commercial teams of Cunard Line and P&O Cruises
- MedCruise General Assembly: Discussing and advancing best practices in Med ports
- Queen Victoria's dining options refreshed with new Verandah
- Silversea opens reservations for its 2015 World Cruise
- Carnival UK's Dingle airs thoughts of online's future role
- Carnival Corporation appoints Senior VP of Corporate Communications
- Gianni Onorato leaves Costa Crociere
- Mariner of the Seas celebrates maiden Hong Kong call – more Voyager-class programs announced for 2013 and 2014
- Star Cruises to homeport Aquarius in Kota Kinabalu from November 2013
- Creditors agree to $271 million emergency cash injection to STX Shipbuilding & Offshore
- Perception of top cruise brands continues US decline post Carnival Triumph - poll
Ports & Destinations
- Belfast to invest £7 million in Ireland's first purpose built cruise facility
- Honduras President Lobo dedicates Banana Coast Port
- Martinique to welcome Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas
- Australian government grants AUD13 million to Norfolk Island cruise infrastructure
- Cruise Copenhagen Network focuses on new strategy to increase cruise guests to one million by 2015
Products & services
- MEIKO appoints new head of export sales and marketing
- Wärtsilä launches a new more powerful version of its Wärtsilä 34DF engine
- Viking Cruises selects MAN engines to power its new ocean-going cruise ships
- Herkules Private Equity buys Umoe Schat-Harding and Noreq
- Viking Line to recycle vegetation brushed off from bottoms of ships
- Category: Latest News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas