- Passengers forcibly removed from Quantum of the Seas in Shanghai after itinerary change - report
- Viking Line to launch free cruise app
- Lower costs lift Viking Line interims
- Carnival to offer wide variety of Bermuda cruises in 2016 with nine different voyages between April and November
- Shanghai to host 10th China Cruise Shipping Conference & Expo
- MSC Cruises enters China partnership, to homeport MSC Lirica in Shanghai from May 2016
- Michael Giresi named Senior Vice President and CIO for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Genting Hong Kong interim profit soars on sale gains
- Crystal in 2025: six ships, 10 river yachts, five ocean yachts, four aircraft - Rodriguez
- Expanding Crystal Cruises plans to open UK, Hong Kong offices
- MSC Cruises to offer 60-night 'Grand Voyage' from Brazil to Shanghai
- New ships to retain Crystal hallmarks, broaden offerings
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- August 'hat trick' for the island of Gozo
- BVI Ports Authority reports increased summer cruise arrivals
- Carnival on track for record year from Port of New Orleans in 2015
- Port Saint John modernization project to benefit cruise ships with harbour deepening
- Panama City aims to attract homeport business
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Trimline transform ship repairs with their new In-Service Support Department
- Eco-ferry Texelstroom launched in Spain
- Damen launches second of two ferries for the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Trimline appoints new CFO
- Wärtsilä to adjust its Ship Power business to reflect the weak market situation