- Carnival Spirit to feature marine themed children’s club
- Fred. Olsen cuts short Boudicca cruise, offers full refund to passengers
- Miller named Vice President of Nautical and safety Operations for Carnival Cruise Line
- Wartsila says cruise vessel contracting doubled last year
- Queen Elizabeth to make maiden call to Long Beach on February 5
- Costa Group strengthens organization
- RCCL revises 2015 earnings per share forecast slightly higher to $4.65-$4.85
- RCCL final quarter, full year 2014 net profit soar
- Carnival Corporation and China Merchants Group signs MOU for two potential joint ventures to help expand the cruise industry in China
- All planned cruises of Deutschland cancelled as sale of ship not agreed
- RCCL to report final quarter and full year 2014 results on 29 January
- Carnival Vista to offer sweeping ocean views, high altitude sky ride and IMAX theatre
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Alternative flash content
- Carnival Cruise Line offers special Carnival Vista Europe group promotion through February 28
- Norwegian Cruise Line UK launches Wave Season promotion
- Bookings open for Britain's first cookery school at sea on Britannia
- Holland America Line's new 'ReadySetSail' promotion features upgrades and savings on select 2015 summer cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Line is offering 12 days of daily deals on new cruise bookings
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- KONE wins a fourth consecutive Oasis-class order
- TUI Cruises installs Resco PMS on its fleet
- Cruise line supply networks – tides are changing with shift in global economics
- ABB wins marine orders for Star Cruises newbuildings
- Norwegian selects Rolls-Royce permanent magnet tunnel thruster for Norwegian Epic upgrade