- John Chernesky appointed Vice President of North America Sales for Princess and Cunard
- UK tonnage tax part of RCCL one size does not fit all strategy
- Royal Caribbean revises dynamic dining to 2.0 standard
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings has new chairman, directors
- Viking Star sets sail on its first revenue cruise
- MSC Cruises first next generation ship named MSC Meraviglia
- RCCL booking volumes rise; Caribbean, Western Med strong, China outpaces forecasts
- RCCL trims 2015 EPS forecast on strong dollar
- RCCL first quarter exceeds forecast on strength of major products
- UK market to return to growth 2015, young people greatest challenge - Leven
- Latin America offers great potential for Royal Caribbean group
- Royal Caribbean rumoured to talk of orders with Meyer Turku
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- Royal Caribbean promotes Chinese city of Guangzhou
- Anthem of the Seas departed Columbus Cruise Center after final outfitting
- Gothenburg cruise season under way
- $55 million to enhance cruise ship greeting operations at Québec and Montréal
- Carnival Liberty is first ship to berth at Tortola's newly renovated pier
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- AIDA Cruises installs EMMA onboard its fleet
- Two cruise ship drydocks at Lloyd Werft
- TTS to supply shell doors and platforms for Star Cruises newbuilds
- MCP CEO: Coming 4G networks can revolutionize cruise ship passenger experience
- ABB's marine solutions to boost efficiency, reliability and flexibility of Tallink's first LNG-powered ferry
Air & Sea
- Finnair opens sales for flights with all-new Airbus A350 aircraft
- Emirates Airline to offer daily service between Dubai and Orlando
- Lufthansa sets new standards in cabin design and service
- Air Canada to launch nonstop service from Toronto to Dubai
- United Airlines adds Transatlantic routes for summer 2015