- Tallink's Liisi Kutt crowned BACARDI Cruise Competition Bartender of the Year 2014
- Reno named Vice President of Entertainment at Carnival Cruise Lines
- Costa Cruises' contest to name Diadema's godmother draws more than 500 applicants
- Princess Cruises launches new "Seawitch" craft beer series with exclusive 50th anniversary blend
- Oceania Cruises to offer free internet
- Cruising injected $44 billion in US economy 2013 – study
- Cruise industry worldwide expenditures $117 billion in 2013 - CLIA
- Holland America Line names its new ship as Koningsdam
- Dingle to become Carnival UK chairman, Noyes new CEO
- CBR Odo Commentary – Growing orderbook puts pressure on supply driven business model
- Ctrip and RCCL plan joint venture to manage Celebrity Century, explore deepening cooperation
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. to sell Celebrity Century to Ctrip
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
- Costa Cruises to offer free upgrades and reduced deposits on Caribbean cruises from Miami
- Norwegian Cruise Line UK in all inclusive package promotion
- Princess launches 'Endless Summer Sale'
- Norwegian offers savings on Alaska cruises
- MSC Cruises offers 'Grand Voyage' and special wine theme cruises this fall
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Air & Sea
- Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- Etihad's Alitalia deal to strengthen Rome and Milan hubs
- Delta announces new service from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City
- Etihad to add six new destinations during the first half of 2015
- Enhanced security measures at certain airports for U.S. bound flights