- China Zenith fails to acquire Glory Sail International
- Nadine Palatz appointed Hamburg Cruise Centre managing director
- MSC Fantasia adds Valetta to offer seven ports on seven night itinerary
- Norwegian to have three ships in Alaska, four in Europe; San Juan new seasonal base port in 2016-17
- AmaWaterways confirms passing of Jimmy Murphy, co-founder and travel industry legend
- RCCL to retrofit AEP scrubbers on 19 ships
- Carnival Corp & plc forecasts 50% rise in current year earnings compared to 2013
- Carnival Corp & plc 2013 financial year net income rises to $1.2 billion
- Fincantieri wins Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line orders
- CBR Odo Commentary – Opening of Cuba to US cruising could have far reaching implications
- US, Cuba restore diplomatic ties, travel restrictions eased, cruise shipping shares gain
- Christine Duffy named President of Carnival Cruise Lines
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- Bookings open for Britain's first cookery school at sea on Britannia
- Holland America Line's new 'ReadySetSail' promotion features upgrades and savings on select 2015 summer cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Line is offering 12 days of daily deals on new cruise bookings
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in promotion that encourages multiple purchases
- Norwegian offers special Black Friday savings
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Wärtsilä wins contracts for sea water desalination systems for seven cruise ships
- Wärtsilä to acquire L-3 Marine Systems in €285 million deal
- Damen Shiprepair Vlissingen carries out extensive cruise ship maintenance
- Scanship sells fourth clean ship system for Viking newbulding
- Pocadel launches super wide B15 glass sliding / tandem door for marine use