- Britannia to feature largest spa in P&O Cruises’ fleet
- Viking Line suffers sharp weakening of second quarter and first half interims
- Lloyd Werft appoints Petersjohann to head engineering and offshore
- Rolls-Royce completes Power Systems acquisition
- Carnival Cruise Lines honors top travel agencies with 'Excellence Awards'
- Quantum class ships to float on bed of air bubbles, waste glass etc. frozen to prevent bacteria growth
- Quantum class Two70 windows to become video screens, Bionic bar robots mix drinks
- Quantum to offer six times faster Internet than other cruise ships, allows streaming video, use of Facetime, Skype
- Quantum of the Seas to introduce robotic entertainment, eliminates check in counter in host of high tech firsts at sea
- Cruise Business Commentary - Persistent perception problem highlights inadequacy of supply driven business model
- UK cruise sector “under pressure to fill capacity” unless conceptions change - report
- Tallink issues profit warning after sharp deterioration in second quarter and first half results
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Ports & Destinations
- High New Zealand costs challenging cruise lines
- Cunard's Queen Victoria makes maiden call at St Raphael on the Cote d'Azur
- Trasmediterranea to provide port handling services in Balearic Islands
- Mein Schiff 3 will inaugurate the lengthened pier in La Gomera
- Construction of Hamburg's third cruise terminal commences
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
Air & Sea
- Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- Etihad's Alitalia deal to strengthen Rome and Milan hubs
- Delta announces new service from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City
- Etihad to add six new destinations during the first half of 2015
- Enhanced security measures at certain airports for U.S. bound flights