- Oceania Cruises launches new 'OLife' early booking initiative
- TUI Cruises on track to become major European player
- Hurtigruten buys Portuguese ferry for coastal express
- Affinity Gaming and Carnival Cruise Line form partnership
- Carnival launches custom-designed email marketing initiative aimed at new travel agents
- Fincantieri confirms Silversea behind 2014 luxury ship order
- Mein Schiff 1 and Mein Schiff 2 to Thomson after latest newbuildings delivered
- TUI Cruises orders two ships at Meyer Turku
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings to open sales office in Australia
- TUI Cruises' Meine Reise now allows booking services during cruise; calls and messenger to follow
- Updated: Nine confirmed dead on Alaska excursion plane crash
- European cruise industry economic impact growth almost halved to 2.2% in 2014
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Alternative flash content
- Swan Hellenic offers discounts for singles on some 2015 summer cruises
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in twin for sole occupancy offer
- Royal Caribbean offers up to $200 onboard credit during five-day WOW Sale
- Princess Cruises offers cruise savings during 'Great Getaways Sale'
- Norwegian's Freestyle Choice Spectacular available until end of July
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Scanship sells AWPs on four cruise vessels at a German yard
- ABB – top innovator for the marine industry in 2015
- Trimline completes refurbishments for Star Breeze and Star Legend
- DNV GL appoints Tor Svensen as Group EVP and Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen as Maritime CEO
- DNV GL and Jotun cooperate on hull performance