- MSC Cruises makes maiden call in Singapore
- Magellan on way to London Tilbury to start Cruise & Maritime Voyages career
- New Seabourn Encore maiden season now open for sale
- FleetPro is launching a record four ocean ships in May and June 2015 and three newbuild river cruise ships
- China's first Around-the-World Cruise debuts from Shanghai on Costa Atlantica
- Royal Caribbean announces 2016-17 Caribbean itineraries, Harmony to be based in Port Everglades, Oasis to move Port Canaveral
- Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay and David Chua Ming Huat resign from NCLH board
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. appoints Andy Stuart President and COO for Norwegian Cruise Line
- Genting's Crystal acquisition highlights luxury segment's need to make money - UBS' Farley
- CBR-Odo Commentary: Acquisitions, ship sales indicate growing cruise industry dynamism
- Genting Hong Kong acquires Crystal Cruises
- TUI Cruises buys Splendour of the Seas for Thomson Cruises in UK
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Alternative flash content
- Norwegian Cruise Line rounds out Wave Season with new offer
- Blount Small Ship Adventures celebrates Presidents' Day with deals and historic cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line offers special Carnival Vista Europe group promotion through February 28
- Norwegian Cruise Line UK launches Wave Season promotion
- Bookings open for Britain's first cookery school at sea on Britannia
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Scanship wins Total Clean Ship System order for Silversea newbuilding
- Trimline refurbishes twenty suites for Azamara Club Cruises
- Queen Mary 2 to be fitted with Wärtsilä Hamworthy waste water treatment system
- KONE wins a fourth consecutive Oasis-class order
- TUI Cruises installs Resco PMS on its fleet