- Royal Caribbean announces 2015-16 deployment for New York and Galveston
- TUI Cruises' Mein Schiff Golf Club tournament to take in seven German courses
- Pandaw teams up with Inter Continental Asiana Saigon
- Crystal Cruises introduces 16 European cycling tours
- Celebrity Cruises unveils two ship 2015-16 Australia-Pacific pogramme
- Princess Cruises to feature Diamond Princess in Japan 2015, Sun Princess to stay in Australia
- Cruise Business Commentary - Quantum of the Seas' move to China could be game changer for cruising
- Strategic decision in changing world to send Quantum of the Seas to China
- Quantum of the Seas to be homeported in Shanghai
- TUI Travel expects online to account for half of 2014 bookings, to generate £1.8 billion in turnover
- Explorer to join Voyager and Radiance of the Seas in Australia and South Pacific for winter 2015-16 season
- AIDAprima delivery to be delayed
Alternative flash content
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Ports & Destinations
- Terminal 109/110 reopens in Venice
- Cruise tourism in St Petersburg grew five times the rate of all visits 2013
- Carnival Dream becomes largest cruise ship based in New Orleans
- South Pacific Cruise Alliance highlights region's year round attraction
- Cruise Baltic and Cruise Copenhagen Network appoints new Director
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines offer up to 30% savings for multiple cruise bookings
- Norwegian offers savings for Hawaii sailings
- Holland America's 'Summer On Sale' promotion focuses on family cruising in Europe, the Mediterranean and Alaska
- Norwegians spring into perks
- Costa Cruises offers special fares on select spring Med sailings
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Silversea extends nine-year relationship with MTN
- Trimline to carry out Star Pride transformation.
- DNV GL introduces next generation energy efficiency methodology
- Dampa to supply ceilings for AIDA Cruises’ two newbuildings
- Three classification societies approve Wärtsilä propulsion condition monitoring service
Air & Sea
- Delta becomes only U.S. carrier with full flat-bed business class seats, direct-aisle access on all widebody overseas flights
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport deploys automated passport control kiosks
- Lufthansa presents Premium Economy Class
- Emirates adds ninth gateway to its USA network
- United Airlines to launch nonstop service between Los Angeles and Melbourne, Australia