- UK agents "blatantly undercutting one another," Viking River Cruises reported saying
- Costa Luminosa begins sailing 10-night Caribbean cruises from Miami
- P&O Cruises cancel two night Arcadia cruise on delayed refit yard departure
- Celebrity appoints Toby Shaw to new role of director and marketing in UK
- Celebrity Century reported to join Croisieres de France in 2015
- TUI Travel's online sales grow four times faster than overall sales
- TUI Travel upbeat after strong 2013 financial year
- ABB wins $180 million in orders from cruise ship builders in 2013
- Carnival Corporation names Vice Admiral William Burke as its first-ever Chief Maritime Officer
- Thomson Cruises launches app to showcase ships as 18% of customers book with tablet or smart phone
- Norwegian prices 22 million share secondary offer at $33.25 per share
- Norwegian’s principal shareholders in 22 million share secondary offering
Ports & Destinations
- Bacardi Bar opens on Norwegian's private island
- Three British cruise ships to visit Gothenburg's Christmas markets
- Atlantic Alliance ports exceed forecast and welcome 2.5 million passengers 2013
- Le Havre provides Christmas atmosphere
- BVI Ports Authority welcomes AIDAbella's first call to the territory
Alternative flash content
Products & services
- Wärtsilä to supply propulsion package to German short haul ferry
- Lloyd's Register unveils refreshed brand identity
- Trimline wins contract to upgrade, extend facilities on British ferry
- MEIKO receives Mercury Award for M-iQ technology
- Saint-Gobain delivers glass and insulation materials to cruise ships
- Category: Latest News
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 01:34
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Oceania Cruises' new 1,250-guest Riviera will be christened in Monte Carlo on April 19, 2012. The lavish, invitation-only gala ceremony will take place pier-side at Monaco's Port Hercules overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Design plans call for trellises of fresh local flowers, plants and columns to transform the pier into a garden taking its inspiration from the famous Princess Grace Rose Garden. Following the ceremony, guests will enjoy a gala reception and dinner onboard Riviera.
"It is truly an honor and very fitting that we christen Riviera – the newest jewel in the Oceania Cruises' fleet – in Monte Carlo, certainly the crowning jewel of the Riviera," said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line's president. "The success of Marina, launched earlier in 2011, has heightened the anticipation for Riviera in the marketplace and we look forward to officially welcoming her next spring."
"We are delighted that Oceania Cruises has chosen Port Hercules as the spot to launch its new Riviera," said Maguy Maccario, Consul General of Monaco and director, North America, Monaco Government Tourist Office. "We look forward to welcoming Riviera and her invited guests to the Principality of Monaco for what will surely be an exciting event, set against the backdrop of one of the most glamorous destinations in the world."
Following the christening cruise, Riviera will embark on her maiden voyage, the 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary. Departing Piraeus April 24, Riviera will visit Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes and Patmos, Greece; and Alanya, Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Istanbul, where the ship will overnight before guests disembark. Riviera will spend the summer and fall cruising the Mediterranean and then cross the Atlantic to the Caribbean where she will operate a series of winter cruises.
Oceania Cruises' new Riviera will feature 625 elegantly appointed and custom-crafted accommodations that are among the largest at sea, ranging from 174 to 2,000+ square feet. Her top suites will exude residential elegance and feature furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and designs by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long Interiors of Greenwich, CT. The ship will also feature a Lalique-designed grand lobby, 10 dining venues and numerous bars and lounges. Facilities will include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, innovative Bon Appétit Culinary Center, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas