- CLIA names Thomas P. Ostebo as President and CEO
- Genting Hong Kong completes acquisition of Crystal Cruises, announces new Chairman and management positions
- TUI AG’s cruise performance continues to improve
- Daewoo interested in acquiring STX France stake -- report
- United Caribbean Lines granted licence to operate ferry to Cuba
- RCCL orders fourth Quantum class unit; to be delivered in 2019
- Norwegian raises second quarter net yield guidance
- Category: More News
- Published on Tuesday, 28 February 2012 19:44
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Norwegian Cruise Line says it has launched a new elective module to its online agent training programme, NCLU www.nclu.co.uk.
The new brand elective aims to educate agents about the recently unveiled ‘Cruise Like a Norwegian’ brand platform, helping them to understand how they can use its messages to tell the story of the Norwegian experience.
The elective also contains sales and marketing tips and ends in a short online quiz which counts towards overall NCLU points. Nine courses are live on NCLU and all have been designed to help busy agents develop their product knowledge in bite-sized chunks.
To date almost 6,500 agents have registered with NCLU which launched in 2009. As well as online training, special events for top NCLU performers have also taken place with more planned for this year.
As part of the PHD@Sea programme students are whisked away aboard Norwegian Epic for a cruise where they will receive sales tips, take behind the scenes tours get involved in panel discussions and training classes. Students have until 29 February to make three bookings and take five NLCU courses to be in with a chance of receiving one of thirty places.
Nick Wilkinson, director of sales at Norwegian Cruise Line said: “Our new brand messages are all about conveying the experiences that guests can expect when they cruise with us, whether it’s through dining, shopping, entertainment or relaxation.
“By understanding what these messages mean, travel partners will be able to really bring the cruise holiday experience to life, which can be a very powerful selling tool when talking to customers.”
Alternative flash content
- Princess Cruises Memorial Day Sale offers cruise deals to honor military service
- Carnival Cruise Line's 'Great Group Getaway' promotion offered through June 30
- P&O Cruises offers extra on board spending money on 200 plus cruises
- Princess Cruises offers cruise deals to celebrate the Mother's Day
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines launches Norway 2016-17 brochure
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Air & Sea
- Finnair opens sales for flights with all-new Airbus A350 aircraft
- Emirates Airline to offer daily service between Dubai and Orlando
- Lufthansa sets new standards in cabin design and service
- Air Canada to launch nonstop service from Toronto to Dubai
- United Airlines adds Transatlantic routes for summer 2015