- New 'Jet to Joni' contest from Carnival awards travel agents a chance to travel to Miami to meet Carnival executives and win free Carnival Journeys cruise
- Princess Cruises brings The Sound of Music out to sea
- Stena Line launches the world's first methanol ferry
- Fincantieri delivers Viking Star
- TUI says cruise sales continue to grow
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. announces new Chairman and other appointments to its Board of Directors
- Ongoing improvement in cruise industry fundamentals - Carnival's Donald
- Carnival forecasts strong yield rise, but warns of strong dollar
- Carnival reports strong first quarter as Carnival Cruise Line and Costa in Asia shine
- Carnival group, Meyer Werft and Fincantieri in nine ship agreement
- Deutschland sold to undisclosed US buyer, to retain name
- Ovation of the Seas to become second Quantum class ship based in China
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 10 October 2011 23:38
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that it is unveiling a new brand platform and integrated national advertising campaign, "Cruise Like a Norwegian," that embraces and celebrates the community of diverse vacationers who embody the passion, freedom and flexibility inherent in a Norwegian Cruise Line Freestyle Cruising vacation. Cruising like a "Norwegian" is for those who live life to the fullest, embrace new adventures and are passionate about their experiences.
The campaign marks Norwegian's first return to network television advertising since 2008 and also integrates social media, digital and onboard elements, providing a complete immersion in the Norwegian community. This is also the first work from the line's new agency partner, The Martin Agency, which the company engaged in March.
"We've spent the last four years working a variety of initiatives across our organization to improve and enhance our company and our brand," said Kevin Sheehan, chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line. "We felt this is the right time to issue this bold invitation to cruise with us by piquing interest and creating excitement around our brand. We believe this new brand platform will differentiate us and help clearly define a Norwegian cruise as one of the best vacations."
The visual embodiment of the campaign is a brand essence video that illustrates the passion and enthusiasm of Norwegian cruisers who can "Dine like a Parisian," "Surf like a Hawaiian," "Party like a Brazilian," and "Love like a Venetian," among other things. An original score "Let's Go!" was created to accompany the video. Television advertising, beginning tonight, includes one 30-second and two 15-second spots running during prime time on the ABC and CBS television networks, as well as on seven national cable channels, including Travel Channel, HGTV, MSNBC and Discovery Channel.
"Our goal with this new platform is to elevate our profile and put Norwegian Cruise Line front and center by expressing what it means to vacation with us and inviting people to join the community of Norwegians," said Maria Miller, Norwegian Cruise Line's senior vice president of marketing. "We are confident that this integrated campaign - from TV to social media and digital - will engage our community in fun and memorable ways."
Social media plays a large role in this new platform. Leading up to the launch, Norwegian's Facebook page featured a six-day countdown that asked fans to post their favorite photos to illustrate how Norwegians dine, shop, party, etc. Beginning today, Norwegian's Facebook page highlights the brand essence video which can be shared with friends. There is also an opportunity for fans to "Mix it Up" and make their own "Cruise Like a Norwegian" personalized video using their photos and setting it to one of three custom music remixes of the "Let's Go" song. Finally, an interactive personality quiz asks "How Norwegian Are You?" The results show how closely respondents align with a "Norwegian" lifestyle and then groups like-minded "Norwegians" together by personalities. Upon completing the quiz, fans are rewarded with a special 'badge' that is posted to their Facebook page.
These social media elements are combined with digital media efforts including custom page takeovers, rich media banners that invite consumers to watch the brand video and a re-skinned Norwegian web site that all work together to raise awareness about how to "Cruise Like a Norwegian" and to engage consumers with the brand.
As part of the company's continued commitment to its Partners First philosophy, travel partners will also be provided with the tools and resources they need to help them feel part of the "Norwegian" community and to help them spread the word to their clients. The company is rolling out a new course at NCL University, providing partners with inside tips on "How to Market Norwegian;" new marketing materials on its Marketing Headquarters platform; and a video message introducing the new brand to travel partners.
The brand platform comes to life onboard Norwegian's ships when guests are officially welcomed into the Norwegian community and can experience the "Cruise Like a Norwegian" themed Sail-Away Party and drink menu; all new White Hot Party with "Norwegian" elements; special "Cruise Like a Norwegian" photo and video opportunities; and a revised farewell show, so guests will continue to feel a part of the Norwegian community until their next cruise.
To experience the campaign and watch the brand essence video, visit www.ncl.com/facebook and click on the See How We Cruise tab.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- Royal Caribbean International launches WOW sale
- MSC Cruises changes pricing structure for summer 2015 in UK
- Norwegian Cruise Line rounds out Wave Season with new offer
- Blount Small Ship Adventures celebrates Presidents' Day with deals and historic cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line offers special Carnival Vista Europe group promotion through February 28
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- TTS to supply shell doors and platforms for Star Cruises newbuilds
- MCP CEO: Coming 4G networks can revolutionize cruise ship passenger experience
- ABB's marine solutions to boost efficiency, reliability and flexibility of Tallink's first LNG-powered ferry
- GE to propel new MSC Cruises 'Seaside' ships
- New Tallink ferry to be powered by Wärtsilä dual-fuel engines