- Adonia “integral part of P&O Cruises’ fleet”
- Azamara appoints Ellen Bettridge as Vice President of Sales & Marketing, The Americas
- Two Northern European ferries hit by minor fire
- Most refugees rescued by Salamis Filoxenia refuse to disembark in Cyprus
- Siem Industries take over German shipyard Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft
- Saga reports strong improvement in cruise sector
- UPDATED: Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden to receive huge revamp before Australia debut
- CBR Odo Commentary - China and Costa brightest spots in Carnival interims
- Carnival Corporation COO Alan Buckelew to relocate to China
- Carnival Corporation & plc reports third quarter earnings
- MedCruise elects Carla Salvadό as new President
- Meyer Werft’s Turku acquisition and TUI Cruises’ two orders confirmed
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 10 October 2011 23:38
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that it is unveiling a new brand platform and integrated national advertising campaign, "Cruise Like a Norwegian," that embraces and celebrates the community of diverse vacationers who embody the passion, freedom and flexibility inherent in a Norwegian Cruise Line Freestyle Cruising vacation. Cruising like a "Norwegian" is for those who live life to the fullest, embrace new adventures and are passionate about their experiences.
The campaign marks Norwegian's first return to network television advertising since 2008 and also integrates social media, digital and onboard elements, providing a complete immersion in the Norwegian community. This is also the first work from the line's new agency partner, The Martin Agency, which the company engaged in March.
"We've spent the last four years working a variety of initiatives across our organization to improve and enhance our company and our brand," said Kevin Sheehan, chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line. "We felt this is the right time to issue this bold invitation to cruise with us by piquing interest and creating excitement around our brand. We believe this new brand platform will differentiate us and help clearly define a Norwegian cruise as one of the best vacations."
The visual embodiment of the campaign is a brand essence video that illustrates the passion and enthusiasm of Norwegian cruisers who can "Dine like a Parisian," "Surf like a Hawaiian," "Party like a Brazilian," and "Love like a Venetian," among other things. An original score "Let's Go!" was created to accompany the video. Television advertising, beginning tonight, includes one 30-second and two 15-second spots running during prime time on the ABC and CBS television networks, as well as on seven national cable channels, including Travel Channel, HGTV, MSNBC and Discovery Channel.
"Our goal with this new platform is to elevate our profile and put Norwegian Cruise Line front and center by expressing what it means to vacation with us and inviting people to join the community of Norwegians," said Maria Miller, Norwegian Cruise Line's senior vice president of marketing. "We are confident that this integrated campaign - from TV to social media and digital - will engage our community in fun and memorable ways."
Social media plays a large role in this new platform. Leading up to the launch, Norwegian's Facebook page featured a six-day countdown that asked fans to post their favorite photos to illustrate how Norwegians dine, shop, party, etc. Beginning today, Norwegian's Facebook page highlights the brand essence video which can be shared with friends. There is also an opportunity for fans to "Mix it Up" and make their own "Cruise Like a Norwegian" personalized video using their photos and setting it to one of three custom music remixes of the "Let's Go" song. Finally, an interactive personality quiz asks "How Norwegian Are You?" The results show how closely respondents align with a "Norwegian" lifestyle and then groups like-minded "Norwegians" together by personalities. Upon completing the quiz, fans are rewarded with a special 'badge' that is posted to their Facebook page.
These social media elements are combined with digital media efforts including custom page takeovers, rich media banners that invite consumers to watch the brand video and a re-skinned Norwegian web site that all work together to raise awareness about how to "Cruise Like a Norwegian" and to engage consumers with the brand.
As part of the company's continued commitment to its Partners First philosophy, travel partners will also be provided with the tools and resources they need to help them feel part of the "Norwegian" community and to help them spread the word to their clients. The company is rolling out a new course at NCL University, providing partners with inside tips on "How to Market Norwegian;" new marketing materials on its Marketing Headquarters platform; and a video message introducing the new brand to travel partners.
The brand platform comes to life onboard Norwegian's ships when guests are officially welcomed into the Norwegian community and can experience the "Cruise Like a Norwegian" themed Sail-Away Party and drink menu; all new White Hot Party with "Norwegian" elements; special "Cruise Like a Norwegian" photo and video opportunities; and a revised farewell show, so guests will continue to feel a part of the Norwegian community until their next cruise.
To experience the campaign and watch the brand essence video, visit www.ncl.com/facebook and click on the See How We Cruise tab.
Ports & Destinations
- Hong Kong's Kai Tak Cruise Terminal celebrates simultaneous berthing of Sapphire Princess and Voyager of the Seas
- Valletta Cruise Port hosts five cruise ships in one day
- St. Kitts to reach a new milestone
- British tourism economy benefits as cruise passengers spend more
- British city of Hull plans cruise terminal
- MSC Cruises in UK summer sailing 2015 promotion
- P&O Cruises offers free flights on some exotic 2015 cruises
- Carnival Cruise Lines renews its 'Great Vacation Guarantee' through 2015
- Costa Cruises to offer free upgrades and reduced deposits on Caribbean cruises from Miami
- Norwegian Cruise Line UK in all inclusive package promotion
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- DL Services launches Marine Catering Solutions website
- FlexiCombi software updates free of charge on MKN homepage
- Wartsila and MAN Diesel & Turbo launch HERCULES 2 R&D programme
- Lindblad Expeditions to implement Adonis Suite
- L-3 Marine Systems International supplies equipment for Quantum-class ships