- AIDAprima maiden voyage postponed to April 2016 from October 2015
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings reports financial results for the second quarter 2015
- Norwegian Cruise Line unveils global deployment expansion
- Mechanical failure forces Viking Ocean to cancel cruise
- Genting Hong Kong to sell its casino business
- RCCL raises 2015 EPS forecast by $0.15 to up to $4.75
- RCCL reports interim profit rise on strong Caribbean, China yields
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 31 October 2011 20:40
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
MSC Cruises’59,000 ton MSC Lirica arrived on 29 October at Abu Dhabi from Genoa, Italy tolaunch the company’s programme of cruises in the Arabian Gulf.
“MSC Lirica willset sail tomorrow on the first of 19, 7-night eight nightitineraries for the 2011/2012 season cruising around Abu Dhabi and the Emiratesand calling at Muscat, Al Fujairah, Khasab in Oman and Dubai with 95 calls androtations,” the company said in a statement.
The home portingof MSC Lirica follows the signing, a year ago, of a landmark agreement betweenADTA and MSC Cruises, one of the world’s fastest-growing cruise operators and amarket leader in the Mediterranean, South Africa and Brazil, to deploy one ofits top vessels on a home port basis in Abu Dhabi. Since then the two partnershave jointly participated in trade exhibitions, marketing and advertisingcampaigns globally and brought their combined influence, channels and brands tobear in promoting the emirat, the company said.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- Cunard announces World Adventure Month
- Swan Hellenic offers discounts for singles on some 2015 summer cruises
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in twin for sole occupancy offer
- Royal Caribbean offers up to $200 onboard credit during five-day WOW Sale
- Princess Cruises offers cruise savings during 'Great Getaways Sale'
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Trimline transform ship repairs with their new In-Service Support Department
- Eco-ferry Texelstroom launched in Spain
- Damen launches second of two ferries for the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Trimline appoints new CFO
- Wärtsilä to adjust its Ship Power business to reflect the weak market situation