- TUI Cruises' Mein Schiff Golf Club tournament to take in seven German courses
- Pandaw teams up with Inter Continental Asiana Saigon
- Crystal Cruises introduces 16 European cycling tours
- Celebrity Cruises unveils two ship 2015-16 Australia-Pacific pogramme
- MSC Cruises America appoints Bonnie Levengood svp marketing
- Cruise Business Commentary - Quantum of the Seas' move to China could be game changer for cruising
- Strategic decision in changing world to send Quantum of the Seas to China
- Quantum of the Seas to be homeported in Shanghai
- TUI Travel expects online to account for half of 2014 bookings, to generate £1.8 billion in turnover
- Explorer to join Voyager and Radiance of the Seas in Australia and South Pacific for winter 2015-16 season
- AIDAprima delivery to be delayed
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. promotes Adam Goldstein to President and COO
Alternative flash content
- Category: More News
- Published on Wednesday, 19 October 2011 08:27
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Louis Cruises, the Cypriot cruise shipping group, has announced its 2012 fleet deployment schedule for its 3-, 4- & 7- night Aegean cruises from Piraeus (Athens), Greece that is scheduled to operate from March 16 through November 2, 2012. "Exciting new itineraries continue to enhance the line’s cruises out of Piraeus, featuring upgraded quality and capacity with sailings onboard Loius Majesty, while time-honored favourites, including the 8 day/7-night “Greece and Turkey” cruise onboard Louis Cristal , remain as highly demanded programmes by travelers," the company said in a statement.
In 2012, Louis Majesty will operate two new programmes: The 4day/3night “Greece and Turkey” in March 2012 and the 4day/3night “Aegean Legends” starting in April 2012. Aegean Legends (4 days/3nights) - Sailing from Athens, Mykonos welcomes guests as the first stop on this exciting itinerary one of Greece’ s Cycladic Islands known for beautiful beaches, whitewashed buildings, tiny churches, windmills, chic shops and cafes where travelers will be awed by the area’s lively ambiance and embracing culture.
“The adventure continues with a morning in Turkey’s Kusadasi, gateway to Ephesus famous in antiquity for its Temple of Diana ‐ one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World ‐ and later the home of St. John the Divine, then an afternoon to explore the Greek Island of Patmos and the Grotto of the Apocalypse where St John through Divine Revelations composed the Apocalypse. Sailing along, travelers enjoy full-day stays in Santorini, a postcard perfect village perched on the edge of an ancient volcano where the lost city of Atlantis is believed to be found before returning to Athens the following morning.
Greece and Turkey (4 days/3 nights) -- This novel programme commences and concludes in Athens and showcases intriguing destinations throughout the region. Travelers embark in Athens’ Port of Piraeus then cruise to Istanbul in Turkey for a full day to explore the treasures of this enchanting city, before heading to Izmir. From the port of Izmir, cruise guests can enjoy a half-day shore excursion to Pergamum, the main centre, together with Alexandria, of the Hellenistic civilization in the East and capital of the Roman province of Asia.
Louis Majesty will also perform the 5day/4night “Jewels of the Aegean” cruise itinerary sailing every Monday from March 19th through October 29th, 2012. Two additional departures of the 4day/3night “Greece and Turkey” and Jewels of the Aegean programs will be performed by Loius Cristal as follows: one 4day/3night on November 2nd, 2012 and the last 5day/4night on November 5th, 2012.
Louis Cristal will perform the very successful 8day/7night cruise programme “Greece and Turkey”, offering weekly departures during the 2012 Louis Cruises' season. The vessel will commence this schedule on March 30th, 2012 and finish her 8day/7night cruise program for 2012 on October 26, 2012.
New this year, guests sailing onboard Louis Majesty and Louis Cristal can now more fully experience the sights, sounds and tastes of Greece and the picturesque Greek islands on their next Mediterranean journey with Louis Cruises’ new a la carte dining option aboard the Louis Majesty and Louis Cristal that features mouthwatering Greek fusion cuisine.
The new “Thalassa” restaurants are owned and operated by Christoforos Peskias, a renowned Greek Celebrity TV Chef & Restaurateur, and feature traditional Greek and Cypriot dishes that have been masterfully prepared with a modern twist. Open for dinner only, cruise passengers onboard the Louis Majesty and Louis Cristal can experience this new alternative dining option for the price of $29.00 per person, per meal.
Ports & Destinations
- Terminal 109/110 reopens in Venice
- Cruise toursim in St Petersburg grew five times the rate of all visits 2013
- Carnival Dream becomes largest cruise ship based in New Orlean
- South Pacific Cruise Alliance highlights region's year round attraction
- Cruise Baltic and Cruise Copenhagen Network appoints new Director
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines offer up to 30% savings for multiple cruise bookings
- Norwegian offers savings for Hawaii sailings
- Holland America's 'Summer On Sale' promotion focuses on family cruising in Europe, the Mediterranean and Alaska
- Norwegians spring into perks
- Costa Cruises offers special fares on select spring Med sailings
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Trimline to carry out Star Pride transformation.
- DNV GL introduces next generation energy efficiency methodology
- Dampa to supply ceilings for AIDA Cruises’ two newbuildings
- Three classification societies approve Wärtsilä propulsion condition monitoring service
- MTN and Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines extend four-year relationship
Air & Sea
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport deploys automated passport control kiosks
- Lufthansa presents Premium Economy Class
- Emirates adds ninth gateway to its USA network
- United Airlines to launch nonstop service between Los Angeles and Melbourne, Australia
- Finnair to open direct service between Helsinki and Miami