- Nobel Peace Prize recipient Desmond Tutu to join Crystal spring 2015 South Africa voyage
- Norwegian enriches onboard dining with culinary favorites, new menus and more variety
- MSC Cruises and Chicco announce new partnership
- Cruise ferry Silja Europa to become accommodation vessel in Australia
- Crystal Cruises to sail Northwest Passage in 2016
- CRUISE BUSINESS COMMENTARY – Silja Europa charter as accommodation vessel positive to market
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines' losses continue to mount
- Norwegian orders two more Breakaway-Plus ships
- Carnival Cruise Lines, Port of New Orleans agree to new five-year extension
- MSC Cruises plans to treble UK passengers to 200,000 by 2017, launches agent programme
- Meyer Werft's STX Finland acquisition moves ahead, may win major order from Norwegian
- Fincantieri prices IPO at floor of €0.78 per share, government investment company not selling shares
- Category: More News
- Published on Wednesday, 19 October 2011 08:27
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Louis Cruises, the Cypriot cruise shipping group, has announced its 2012 fleet deployment schedule for its 3-, 4- & 7- night Aegean cruises from Piraeus (Athens), Greece that is scheduled to operate from March 16 through November 2, 2012. "Exciting new itineraries continue to enhance the line’s cruises out of Piraeus, featuring upgraded quality and capacity with sailings onboard Loius Majesty, while time-honored favourites, including the 8 day/7-night “Greece and Turkey” cruise onboard Louis Cristal , remain as highly demanded programmes by travelers," the company said in a statement.
In 2012, Louis Majesty will operate two new programmes: The 4day/3night “Greece and Turkey” in March 2012 and the 4day/3night “Aegean Legends” starting in April 2012. Aegean Legends (4 days/3nights) - Sailing from Athens, Mykonos welcomes guests as the first stop on this exciting itinerary one of Greece’ s Cycladic Islands known for beautiful beaches, whitewashed buildings, tiny churches, windmills, chic shops and cafes where travelers will be awed by the area’s lively ambiance and embracing culture.
“The adventure continues with a morning in Turkey’s Kusadasi, gateway to Ephesus famous in antiquity for its Temple of Diana ‐ one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World ‐ and later the home of St. John the Divine, then an afternoon to explore the Greek Island of Patmos and the Grotto of the Apocalypse where St John through Divine Revelations composed the Apocalypse. Sailing along, travelers enjoy full-day stays in Santorini, a postcard perfect village perched on the edge of an ancient volcano where the lost city of Atlantis is believed to be found before returning to Athens the following morning.
Greece and Turkey (4 days/3 nights) -- This novel programme commences and concludes in Athens and showcases intriguing destinations throughout the region. Travelers embark in Athens’ Port of Piraeus then cruise to Istanbul in Turkey for a full day to explore the treasures of this enchanting city, before heading to Izmir. From the port of Izmir, cruise guests can enjoy a half-day shore excursion to Pergamum, the main centre, together with Alexandria, of the Hellenistic civilization in the East and capital of the Roman province of Asia.
Louis Majesty will also perform the 5day/4night “Jewels of the Aegean” cruise itinerary sailing every Monday from March 19th through October 29th, 2012. Two additional departures of the 4day/3night “Greece and Turkey” and Jewels of the Aegean programs will be performed by Loius Cristal as follows: one 4day/3night on November 2nd, 2012 and the last 5day/4night on November 5th, 2012.
Louis Cristal will perform the very successful 8day/7night cruise programme “Greece and Turkey”, offering weekly departures during the 2012 Louis Cruises' season. The vessel will commence this schedule on March 30th, 2012 and finish her 8day/7night cruise program for 2012 on October 26, 2012.
New this year, guests sailing onboard Louis Majesty and Louis Cristal can now more fully experience the sights, sounds and tastes of Greece and the picturesque Greek islands on their next Mediterranean journey with Louis Cruises’ new a la carte dining option aboard the Louis Majesty and Louis Cristal that features mouthwatering Greek fusion cuisine.
The new “Thalassa” restaurants are owned and operated by Christoforos Peskias, a renowned Greek Celebrity TV Chef & Restaurateur, and feature traditional Greek and Cypriot dishes that have been masterfully prepared with a modern twist. Open for dinner only, cruise passengers onboard the Louis Majesty and Louis Cristal can experience this new alternative dining option for the price of $29.00 per person, per meal.
Ports & Destinations
- Mein Schiff 3 will inaugurate the lengthened pier in La Gomera
- Construction of Hamburg's third cruise terminal commences
- Denmark's Fredericia receives its first cruise ship call
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines return to Liverpool; Thomson and CMV will not
- Requirements “out of control” to cruise in Canadian Arctic - AECO
- Suite & Balcony Sale offers deals on Princess Cruises
- MSC Cruises promotes Autumn Mediterranean sailings in UK
- Oceania Cruises offers savings and flight upgrades in UK on Black Sea cruise in September
- Windstar Cruises celebrates America's birthday with savings
- P&O Cruises in two month summer promotion
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Trimline appoints Andrew Richards as new CEO
- Deerberg-Systems sets the course for the future of waste management of cruise ships
- Roxtec decides on further investments and R&D
- Scanship in Total Clean Ship Solution contract for third Viking Ocean Cruises' ship
- Cruise ship newbuilding price per gross ton to drop in 2015-17, second drop since 1990 -- Odo - CBR report
Air & Sea
- Etihad to add six new destinations during the first half of 2015
- Enhanced security measures at certain airports for U.S. bound flights
- Emirates inceases capacity on two more U.S. routes from December 2014
- New Heathrow megaterminal starts operations
- Alaska Airliners to increase its Seattle departures by 11% next spring