- TUI Cruises' Meine Reise now allows booking services during cruise; calls and messenger to follow
- Updated: Nine confirmed dead on Alaska excursion plane crash
- European cruise industry economic impact growth almost halved to 2.2% in 2014
- Quantum of the Seas arrives her new homeport
- Fincantieri says Virgin Cruises deal to be finalised in final quarter 2015
- Virgin Cruises to order three 110,000 gross ton ships, first to be based at Miami
- Carnival shares edge lower despite robust interims
- Category: More News
- Published on Tuesday, 01 November 2011 19:59
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
British passengers will have an opportunity to join Holland America Line’s cruises in British ports that depart from Rotterdam and terminate there, the company’s website shows.
The first opportunity will be on 17 April next year, when Ryndam will call at Dover to embark UK passengers on a 17 night cruise to the Atlantic islands, Spain and Portugal. Passengers from the Continent will have joined the vessel on the previous day at Rotterdam, where the cruise will also end. However, British passengers can disembark at Dover the day before.
On 3 November, Rotterdam will sail from Southampton on a 32 night cruise to the Caribbean. The ship, which again will depart from Rotterdam on the previous day, will also call at the UK port on the way back to disembark British passengers prior to sailing back to the Dutch port.
Finally, on 10 January 2013, Rotterdam will again call at Southampton to pick up British passengers for an 88 night cruise to the Far East. Passengers from the Continent can again board and disembark at Rotterdam, which will add two nights to the cruise. Otherwise, Rotterdam will cater for the Dutch and other Northern European markets on a year-round basis from the spring of 2012, with Rotterdam as its base port. Meanwhile, Ryndam and Prinsendam will offer cruises from Dover and Tilbury in the UK in the summer of 2012.
Alternative flash content
- Swan Hellenic offers discounts for singles on some 2015 summer cruises
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in twin for sole occupancy offer
- Royal Caribbean offers up to $200 onboard credit during five-day WOW Sale
- Princess Cruises offers cruise savings during 'Great Getaways Sale'
- Norwegian's Freestyle Choice Spectacular available until end of July
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- ABB – top innovator for the marine industry in 2015
- Trimline completes refurbishments for Star Breeze and Star Legend
- DNV GL appoints Tor Svensen as Group EVP and Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen as Maritime CEO
- DNV GL and Jotun cooperate on hull performance
- TTS begins installation of Stockholm's new passenger gangways