- Holland America Line makes three director appointments in fleet operations department
- Windstar Cruises introduces new yacht and voyage collection
- Mein Schiff 3 to improve energy efficiency by about 30%
- Regent Seven Seas makes itinerary changes for fall 2014
- Mein Schiff 1 godmother to celebrate fourth anniversary of ship with gala concert
- Viking launches its ocean project, company rebrands
- Royal Caribbean's Vice Chairman and CFO Rice to retire
- TUI AG to restructure Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrten unit after its deep interim losses
- RCCL to revitalise Voyager of the Seas before 2014-15 Australasia deployment
- High airfares force Carnival Cruise Lines out of Europe 2014
- Australian source market grew 11% to 694,000 passengers in 2012
- Norwegian sees $2.2 billion capex on newbuildings to 2015
Ports & Destinations
- Athens prepares to host Posidonia Sea Tourism Conference
- Norwegian Breakaway makes maiden call to Bermuda
- Study demonstrates that BC cruise ports continue to be an economic hub in Canada
- Ports America awarded operating contract for Port of Los Angeles Cruise Terminal
- Cruise tourism's contribution to Dubai's tourism growth due to grow in 2014
Products & services
- Wallem opens offices in South Africa
- Trimline and Carnival UK agree an on board interior maintenance service for five ships
- Wärtsilä Aquarius ballast water system received final approval
- Wallem opens first hub of expertise in Singapore as it looks to establish strategic maritime locations around the world
- AIDA calls at Lloyd Werft for the first time
- Category: Latest News
- Published on Thursday, 26 April 2012 09:16
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
In a move to further strengthen the resources of their aligned finance departments, Holland America Line and Seabourn recently promoted five employees and hired another team member.
"These well-deserved promotions and appointment are going to help us capitalize on the strengths of the finance team," said Larry Calkins, senior vice president, finance and information technology, chief financial officer. "All of these individuals have demonstrated strong leadership skills and their work has assisted our business in improving operations and profitability."
Keith Johnson was named treasurer and director of financial reporting and enterprise risk management. He has more than 10 years of service, having been hired in 2001 as director, audit services. Most recently Johnson lead the company's Profit Enhancement Program and significantly improved the line's profitability and return on invested capital.
Monica Desimone was appointed senior director of financial systems and cash management. Her most recent role was director of tour accounting and administration and she also assisted the finance and other departments become more efficient with their accounting procedures. Monica will continue in the role as well as lead all IT initiatives for the finance department. Desimone has been with the company for nearly 13 years.
Jim McShane was named senior director of cruise accounting. McShane has been employed with Holland America Line for more than 29 years, serving most of that time as director of cruise accounting. An invaluable resource, he most recently integrated Seabourn into the financial reporting procedures.
Paul del Rosario was promoted to senior director of budgets, planning and Profit Enhancement Program. Most recently Del Rosario headed the budget and planning group. He has nearly 10 years of service with the company.
Filling the position of controller, budgets and planning is Jason Ross, who most recently served as senior manager, voyage accounting. With more than eight years at the company, Ross will focus his attentions on applying enhanced analytics and financial performance measures to the budgets and planning process.
Derick Courson joins the company as deputy director, cash management. He has more than 10 years of combined shipboard and analytical experience with Disney, serving both Disney Cruise Line and Disney Parks and Resorts. Courson will bring an enhanced focus on leadership through key performance metrics and shipboard integration to all cash management processes.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas