- Cunard Line to make announcement on 14 July
- MSC Opera takes up Venice deployment after major refit
- Majesty of the Seas to remain with RCI and to offer fastest Internet at sea
- Cunard marks the 175th anniversary of regular Transatlantic service
- Oceania Cruises launches new 'OLife' early booking initiative
- Carnival group granted US licenses to direct US-Cuba cruises, fathom brand to spearhead move
- MSC Cruises to homeport MSC Opera in Cuba
- Fincantieri confirms Silversea behind 2014 luxury ship order
- Mein Schiff 1 and Mein Schiff 2 to Thomson after latest newbuildings delivered
- TUI Cruises orders two ships at Meyer Turku
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings to open sales office in Australia
- TUI Cruises' Meine Reise now allows booking services during cruise; calls and messenger to follow
- Category: More News
- Published on Wednesday, 04 February 2009 00:43
A key reason for Grand Turk’s continued popularity is the wide array of organized excursion opportunities for visitors, from horseback riding and kayaking to world-class diving, snorkeling and fishing. For those guests who want to explore the island on their own, the new Grand Turk Grace Bay Car Rentals recently opened at the Grand Turk Cruise Center. With this new service, guests visiting Grand Turk will be able to discover the island’s numerous historical sites, gorgeous white-sand beaches, quaint Bermudian-influenced architecture and friendly locals at their own pace.
"The Grand Turk Cruise Center is poised for a record-breaking year and we look forward to showcasing our island’s magnificent beaches and diverse shoreside experiences to cruise-ship visitors," said Mike Reimers, general manager of the GTCC. "Additionally, the new on-site car rental agency provides GTCC guests with yet another option for experiencing and exploring the fascinating beauty of this island paradise," he added.
Commented Todd Foss, Grand Turk Grace Bay Car Rentals general manager, "We are extremely excited about expanding our operations to the Grand Turk Cruise Center. Grand Turk Grace Bay Car Rentals has a well-deserved reputation for quality and we look forward to providing cruise ship visitors with this much-needed service on the island."
The Grand Turk Cruise Center, which can accommodate up to 6,000 passengers per day, consists of a 13-acre complex including an 800-foot-long private beach, swimming pool, expansive recreation area with a diversity of retail shops, FlowRider® surfing adventure and the Caribbean’s largest "Margaritaville"-themed bar and restaurant.
Alternative flash content
- Swan Hellenic offers discounts for singles on some 2015 summer cruises
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in twin for sole occupancy offer
- Royal Caribbean offers up to $200 onboard credit during five-day WOW Sale
- Princess Cruises offers cruise savings during 'Great Getaways Sale'
- Norwegian's Freestyle Choice Spectacular available until end of July
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Scanship sells AWPs on four cruise vessels at a German yard
- ABB – top innovator for the marine industry in 2015
- Trimline completes refurbishments for Star Breeze and Star Legend
- DNV GL appoints Tor Svensen as Group EVP and Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen as Maritime CEO
- DNV GL and Jotun cooperate on hull performance