- TUI Cruises' Mein Schiff Golf Club tournament to take in seven German courses
- Pandaw teams up with Inter Continental Asiana Saigon
- Crystal Cruises introduces 16 European cycling tours
- Celebrity Cruises unveils two ship 2015-16 Australia-Pacific pogramme
- MSC Cruises America appoints Bonnie Levengood svp marketing
- Cruise Business Commentary - Quantum of the Seas' move to China could be game changer for cruising
- Strategic decision in changing world to send Quantum of the Seas to China
- Quantum of the Seas to be homeported in Shanghai
- TUI Travel expects online to account for half of 2014 bookings, to generate £1.8 billion in turnover
- Explorer to join Voyager and Radiance of the Seas in Australia and South Pacific for winter 2015-16 season
- AIDAprima delivery to be delayed
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. promotes Adam Goldstein to President and COO
Alternative flash content
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 27 August 2010 22:58
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
On Friday at Fincantieri's Monfalcone shipyard, there was the launch of Carnival Magic, the new flagship of Carnival Cruise Lines, a brand in Carnival Corporation & PLC, the world's leading cruise operator. Delivery is due in spring 2011.
The launch was marked by the customary "coin ceremony" a tradition to bring a ship good luck in which a silver dollar is place on the ship’s last deck. Godmother to the ship was Laura Buttignon who has worked for the shipyard for thirty five years.
Registering in at 130,000 gross tonnes, for a length of 306 metres with a beam of 37 the Carnival Magic is the sister ship of Carnival Dream which Monfalcone shipyard delivered a year ago. This means that in building the Carnival Magic Fincantieri will once again build the largest passenger ship in the history of Italian shipbuilding. Compared to her sister the Carnival Dream will have a larger number of cabins – 1,845 – plus 746 for the crew for a total maximum capacity of almost 6,000.
Over the next few months the Carnival Magic will be fitted out to the highest standards of comfort and prepared so as to offer her passengers a wide range of entertainment such as bars, restaurants, theatres, shops and wellness centres.
Since 1990 Fincantieri has built 55 cruise ships and a further 10 ships are under construction or scheduled to be built at Fincantieri shipyards.
Ports & Destinations
- Terminal 109/110 reopens in Venice
- Cruise toursim in St Petersburg grew five times the rate of all visits 2013
- Carnival Dream becomes largest cruise ship based in New Orlean
- South Pacific Cruise Alliance highlights region's year round attraction
- Cruise Baltic and Cruise Copenhagen Network appoints new Director
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines offer up to 30% savings for multiple cruise bookings
- Norwegian offers savings for Hawaii sailings
- Holland America's 'Summer On Sale' promotion focuses on family cruising in Europe, the Mediterranean and Alaska
- Norwegians spring into perks
- Costa Cruises offers special fares on select spring Med sailings
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Trimline to carry out Star Pride transformation.
- DNV GL introduces next generation energy efficiency methodology
- Dampa to supply ceilings for AIDA Cruises’ two newbuildings
- Three classification societies approve Wärtsilä propulsion condition monitoring service
- MTN and Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines extend four-year relationship
Air & Sea
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport deploys automated passport control kiosks
- Lufthansa presents Premium Economy Class
- Emirates adds ninth gateway to its USA network
- United Airlines to launch nonstop service between Los Angeles and Melbourne, Australia
- Finnair to open direct service between Helsinki and Miami