- German cruise market expected to reach 2.0 million next year; 2.5 million in 2020
- AIDA Cruises reports 20% rise in 2013 passenger volume to 763,700
- Cruise Business Commentary - Next few weeks in Ukraine hold key to Black Sea season
- Cruise Business Commentary - FOCL impairment charge highlights valuation concerns
- Fred. Olsen books NOK411 million impairment charge against fleet
- TUI Cruises adds Black Sea, Arabian Gulf and Far East to portfolio 2015-16
- Norwegian forecasts strong rise in yields and EPS for 2014
Alternative flash content
- Category: More News
- Published on Friday, 27 August 2010 22:58
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
On Friday at Fincantieri's Monfalcone shipyard, there was the launch of Carnival Magic, the new flagship of Carnival Cruise Lines, a brand in Carnival Corporation & PLC, the world's leading cruise operator. Delivery is due in spring 2011.
The launch was marked by the customary "coin ceremony" a tradition to bring a ship good luck in which a silver dollar is place on the ship’s last deck. Godmother to the ship was Laura Buttignon who has worked for the shipyard for thirty five years.
Registering in at 130,000 gross tonnes, for a length of 306 metres with a beam of 37 the Carnival Magic is the sister ship of Carnival Dream which Monfalcone shipyard delivered a year ago. This means that in building the Carnival Magic Fincantieri will once again build the largest passenger ship in the history of Italian shipbuilding. Compared to her sister the Carnival Dream will have a larger number of cabins – 1,845 – plus 746 for the crew for a total maximum capacity of almost 6,000.
Over the next few months the Carnival Magic will be fitted out to the highest standards of comfort and prepared so as to offer her passengers a wide range of entertainment such as bars, restaurants, theatres, shops and wellness centres.
Since 1990 Fincantieri has built 55 cruise ships and a further 10 ships are under construction or scheduled to be built at Fincantieri shipyards.
Ports & Destinations
- Six percent increase in cruise traffic at Port of Valencia in 2013
- London City Cruise Port and Visit Greenwich are attending Cruise Shipping Miami
- German cruise ports promote at Cruise Shipping Miami
- Scotland to promote cruising and expects record number of calls
- Danish port of Kalundborg launches cruise study
- Costa Crociere brings Costa neoCollection slow cruising to Mediterranean
- Royal Caribbean seeks UK blogger for Allure of the Seas' Mediterranean season
- Princess Cruises offers up to 40% off with Summer Super Savers
- Royal Caribbean International rolls out family-friendly offers for March
- Amawaterways' top 10 offers in UK
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas