- MSC Splendida to operate six ex Southampton cruises 2016 as company returns to port
- New 'Jet to Joni' contest from Carnival awards travel agents a chance to travel to Miami to meet Carnival executives and win free Carnival Journeys cruise
- Princess Cruises brings The Sound of Music out to sea
- Stena Line launches the world's first methanol ferry
- Fincantieri delivers Viking Star
- Genting Hong Kong plans to sell remaining 22.1% Norwegian stake
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. announces new Chairman and other appointments to its Board of Directors
- Ongoing improvement in cruise industry fundamentals - Carnival's Donald
- Carnival forecasts strong yield rise, but warns of strong dollar
- Carnival reports strong first quarter as Carnival Cruise Line and Costa in Asia shine
- Carnival group, Meyer Werft and Fincantieri in nine ship agreement
- Deutschland sold to undisclosed US buyer, to retain name
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 07 November 2011 14:35
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
MSC Cruises, the Geneva based cruiseshipping company, is launching a “dietthemed cruise” on 30 January next year with one of the most famous nutritionistsin the world, French diet specialist Dr Pierre Dukan, to give guests the rareopportunity to shed kilos, tone up and tan during a mid-winter holiday in theMediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean
"Losing weight naturally is key to theinternationally famous Dukan Diet Method, so it’s not surprising that the11-night cruise created especially for French speaking guests aboard theflagship MSC Fantasia is all about having fun, enjoying great food and beingexposed to the ship’s extensive state-of-the-art physical fitness facilities," the company said in a statement.
Even the shore excursions and walking toursof the famous cities where MSC Fantasia calls during the cruise will form anintegral part of the scientifically structured diet programme. And the highlight of the cruise will be thechance to meet Dr Pierre Dukan himself at a private onboard party. Anutritionist and specialist in food behavior for over 30 years, his 19 booksincluding the French best seller “I don’t know how to lose weight” (The DukanDiet book) have sold 2.5 million copies and brought him over 20 millionfollowers worldwide.
A team of expert nutritionists, dieticiansand a specialist physician trained in the Dukan Method will be onboard to giveprofessional advice and care throughout the cruise which departs Genoa, Italy,on 30 January and returns on 10 February. Guests will receive a Diet Kit and undergoa personal health assessment at the start of the cruise before being advised onindividual diet and sports training programmes. They will also be invited todaily workshops on procedures and technical aspects of losing weight, culinarydemonstrations, cooking lessons and themed conferences.
Dr. Dukan says he has strived to develop amethod that allows him to have fun while dieting because he himself has alwaysfought against being overweight. “This method works because you can eat asmuch as you like from a list of 100 different foods as long as you follow thementoring and monitoring of my team of experts,” says Dukan.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- TTS to supply shell doors and platforms for Star Cruises newbuilds
- MCP CEO: Coming 4G networks can revolutionize cruise ship passenger experience
- ABB's marine solutions to boost efficiency, reliability and flexibility of Tallink's first LNG-powered ferry
- GE to propel new MSC Cruises 'Seaside' ships
- New Tallink ferry to be powered by Wärtsilä dual-fuel engines