- Cruise Critic launches new site in Australia
- MSC Cruises appoints Chiara Brooker in new UK sales manager trade operations post
- Tallink expects result improvement after disappointing 2014
- TUI Cruises offers past passengers two Mein Schiff 4 pre-inaugural cruises
- Princess Cruises to operate five ships in Europe in 2016
- Viking Cruises selects New Orleans for launch of Mississippi River cruise service
- In future, Thomson Cruises may own its fleet, Mein Schiff 1 and 2 could be transferred to Britain
- Mark Tamis named Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations for Royal Caribbean International
- Fincantieri delivers Britannia
- Carnival Corporation expands presence in the Caribbean with $85 million port in Dominican Republic
- Norwegian enjoys highest booked revenue and highest yields ever
- Norwegian group reports final quarter loss as expenses soar
- Category: More News
- Published on Wednesday, 04 February 2009 00:01
Caribbean Princess has just emerged from an extensive three-week drydock to add many of Princess Cruises signature features that have proven so popular on its newest ships. The vessel now offers passengers the engaging street-café atmosphere of the piazza-style atrium with its International Café and Vines, the wine, seafood and cheese bar; the adults-only Sanctuary, seven new suites, and a more centrally located casino. Work is also nearly complete on a new Crown Grill steak and seafood restaurant.
These amenities became passenger favorites when they debuted aboard Crown Princess, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess over the last three years, and are being added to a number of ships, including Golden Princess in May. The company has already introduced many of these features on Star Princess and Grand Princess.
Caribbean Princess new atrium now features the specialty coffees, fresh baked cookies and pastries, paninis and tapas of the International Café. Also new is the Vines wine bar offering a selection of more than 30 wines by the glass, plus a selection of seafood, artisan meats and cheeses, and a wine shop where passengers can purchase their favorite bottle. Adult passengers looking to get away from it all will be able to relax in the tranquility of The Sanctuary, Princess signature retreat featuring plush padded lounge chairs and the services of dedicated Serenity Stewards. Visitors to this exclusive space can enjoy refreshing beverages and light snacks, or receive a massage in one of two private cabanas.
Caribbean Princess will soon debut a brand new Crown Grill restaurant featuring an open kitchen where passengers can enjoy watching as chefs prepare chops, steaks and seafood, including live lobsters.
As part of the renovation, the 3,080-passenger ship which debuted in 2004 also received seven new suites with ocean-view picture windows, and a relocated casino on deck 7, bringing it into the ship's central entertainment area. Other changes include a new location for the sports court, a new Limelight boutique, new shore excursions and Captain's Circle desks, new Internet café and library, and the addition of flat-screen televisions in all staterooms.
The makeover took place at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport, Bahamas, where more than 1,500 workers and contractors worked around the clock to complete the project.
Alternative flash content
- Blount Small Ship Adventures celebrates Presidents' Day with deals and historic cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line offers special Carnival Vista Europe group promotion through February 28
- Norwegian Cruise Line UK launches Wave Season promotion
- Bookings open for Britain's first cookery school at sea on Britannia
- Holland America Line's new 'ReadySetSail' promotion features upgrades and savings on select 2015 summer cruises
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Scanship wins Total Clean Ship System order for Silversea newbuilding
- Trimline refurbishes twenty suites for Azamara Club Cruises
- Queen Mary 2 to be fitted with Wärtsilä Hamworthy waste water treatment system
- KONE wins a fourth consecutive Oasis-class order
- TUI Cruises installs Resco PMS on its fleet