- TUI Cruises' Mein Schiff Golf Club tournament to take in seven German courses
- Pandaw teams up with Inter Continental Asiana Saigon
- Crystal Cruises introduces 16 European cycling tours
- Celebrity Cruises unveils two ship 2015-16 Australia-Pacific pogramme
- MSC Cruises America appoints Bonnie Levengood svp marketing
- Cruise Business Commentary - Quantum of the Seas' move to China could be game changer for cruising
- Strategic decision in changing world to send Quantum of the Seas to China
- Quantum of the Seas to be homeported in Shanghai
- TUI Travel expects online to account for half of 2014 bookings, to generate £1.8 billion in turnover
- Explorer to join Voyager and Radiance of the Seas in Australia and South Pacific for winter 2015-16 season
- AIDAprima delivery to be delayed
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. promotes Adam Goldstein to President and COO
Alternative flash content
- Category: More News
- Published on Wednesday, 04 February 2009 00:01
Caribbean Princess has just emerged from an extensive three-week drydock to add many of Princess Cruises signature features that have proven so popular on its newest ships. The vessel now offers passengers the engaging street-café atmosphere of the piazza-style atrium with its International Café and Vines, the wine, seafood and cheese bar; the adults-only Sanctuary, seven new suites, and a more centrally located casino. Work is also nearly complete on a new Crown Grill steak and seafood restaurant.
These amenities became passenger favorites when they debuted aboard Crown Princess, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess over the last three years, and are being added to a number of ships, including Golden Princess in May. The company has already introduced many of these features on Star Princess and Grand Princess.
Caribbean Princess new atrium now features the specialty coffees, fresh baked cookies and pastries, paninis and tapas of the International Café. Also new is the Vines wine bar offering a selection of more than 30 wines by the glass, plus a selection of seafood, artisan meats and cheeses, and a wine shop where passengers can purchase their favorite bottle. Adult passengers looking to get away from it all will be able to relax in the tranquility of The Sanctuary, Princess signature retreat featuring plush padded lounge chairs and the services of dedicated Serenity Stewards. Visitors to this exclusive space can enjoy refreshing beverages and light snacks, or receive a massage in one of two private cabanas.
Caribbean Princess will soon debut a brand new Crown Grill restaurant featuring an open kitchen where passengers can enjoy watching as chefs prepare chops, steaks and seafood, including live lobsters.
As part of the renovation, the 3,080-passenger ship which debuted in 2004 also received seven new suites with ocean-view picture windows, and a relocated casino on deck 7, bringing it into the ship's central entertainment area. Other changes include a new location for the sports court, a new Limelight boutique, new shore excursions and Captain's Circle desks, new Internet café and library, and the addition of flat-screen televisions in all staterooms.
The makeover took place at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport, Bahamas, where more than 1,500 workers and contractors worked around the clock to complete the project.
Ports & Destinations
- Terminal 109/110 reopens in Venice
- Cruise toursim in St Petersburg grew five times the rate of all visits 2013
- Carnival Dream becomes largest cruise ship based in New Orlean
- South Pacific Cruise Alliance highlights region's year round attraction
- Cruise Baltic and Cruise Copenhagen Network appoints new Director
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines offer up to 30% savings for multiple cruise bookings
- Norwegian offers savings for Hawaii sailings
- Holland America's 'Summer On Sale' promotion focuses on family cruising in Europe, the Mediterranean and Alaska
- Norwegians spring into perks
- Costa Cruises offers special fares on select spring Med sailings
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Trimline to carry out Star Pride transformation.
- DNV GL introduces next generation energy efficiency methodology
- Dampa to supply ceilings for AIDA Cruises’ two newbuildings
- Three classification societies approve Wärtsilä propulsion condition monitoring service
- MTN and Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines extend four-year relationship
Air & Sea
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport deploys automated passport control kiosks
- Lufthansa presents Premium Economy Class
- Emirates adds ninth gateway to its USA network
- United Airlines to launch nonstop service between Los Angeles and Melbourne, Australia
- Finnair to open direct service between Helsinki and Miami