- New venture to offer cruises around Iceland
- Miami's oldest bar to feature on Norwegian Escape
- FleetPro's Dietmar Wertanzl leaving
- Mark Kammerer named Vice President, International Marketing and Sales for Holland America and Seabourn
- Joe Slattery promoted to Senior Vice President, Global Marketing and Sales for Holland America Line
- RCCL’s Europe yields enjoy third year of double digit year growth
- RCCL says 2015 outlook encouraging as Europe itineraries sell well
- RCCL on track seen in July as Europe, Asia shine
- RCCL third quarter net profit reaches $490.2 million
- Chinese bank to finance three Silversea newbuildings at Fincantieri
- Viking River Cruises order six ships at Neptun
- Carnival plc shares in sharp fall on Ebola news
- Category: More News
- Published on Wednesday, 04 February 2009 00:01
Caribbean Princess has just emerged from an extensive three-week drydock to add many of Princess Cruises signature features that have proven so popular on its newest ships. The vessel now offers passengers the engaging street-café atmosphere of the piazza-style atrium with its International Café and Vines, the wine, seafood and cheese bar; the adults-only Sanctuary, seven new suites, and a more centrally located casino. Work is also nearly complete on a new Crown Grill steak and seafood restaurant.
These amenities became passenger favorites when they debuted aboard Crown Princess, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess over the last three years, and are being added to a number of ships, including Golden Princess in May. The company has already introduced many of these features on Star Princess and Grand Princess.
Caribbean Princess new atrium now features the specialty coffees, fresh baked cookies and pastries, paninis and tapas of the International Café. Also new is the Vines wine bar offering a selection of more than 30 wines by the glass, plus a selection of seafood, artisan meats and cheeses, and a wine shop where passengers can purchase their favorite bottle. Adult passengers looking to get away from it all will be able to relax in the tranquility of The Sanctuary, Princess signature retreat featuring plush padded lounge chairs and the services of dedicated Serenity Stewards. Visitors to this exclusive space can enjoy refreshing beverages and light snacks, or receive a massage in one of two private cabanas.
Caribbean Princess will soon debut a brand new Crown Grill restaurant featuring an open kitchen where passengers can enjoy watching as chefs prepare chops, steaks and seafood, including live lobsters.
As part of the renovation, the 3,080-passenger ship which debuted in 2004 also received seven new suites with ocean-view picture windows, and a relocated casino on deck 7, bringing it into the ship's central entertainment area. Other changes include a new location for the sports court, a new Limelight boutique, new shore excursions and Captain's Circle desks, new Internet café and library, and the addition of flat-screen televisions in all staterooms.
The makeover took place at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport, Bahamas, where more than 1,500 workers and contractors worked around the clock to complete the project.
Ports & Destinations
- Med Cruise contributed to Green Ports Cruise Conference
- Strong Arabian cruise season under way
- Rivages du Monde chooses the Port of Montreal as home port for the 2015 season
- Sir Stephen Hawking used two cruise liners to attend Tenerife science festival
- Despite fewer calls, Rostock set passenger record in 2014 season
- Fred. Olsen to offer three overnight stays on Balmoral's cultural city cruise
- MSC Cruises USA celebrates National Cruise Vacation month with deals on Caribbean and Mediterranean sailings
- MSC Cruises in UK summer sailing 2015 promotion
- P&O Cruises offers free flights on some exotic 2015 cruises
- Carnival Cruise Lines renews its 'Great Vacation Guarantee' through 2015
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
Air & Sea
- Law firm urges airlines to follow guidelines to avoid potentially huge Ebola claims
- Air Canada announces new destinations
- Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- Etihad's Alitalia deal to strengthen Rome and Milan hubs
- Delta announces new service from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City