- Heaney appointed CFO at Carnival Cruise Line
- Doubling of Australian market by 2020 on horizon
- Australian cruise market passes 1.0 million mark, six years ahead of forecast
- CLIA names Thomas P. Ostebo as President and CEO
- Genting Hong Kong completes acquisition of Crystal Cruises, announces new Chairman and management positions
- TUI AG’s cruise performance continues to improve
- Daewoo interested in acquiring STX France stake -- report
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 15:23
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
All Leisure Group plc (ALG), a leading UK-based specialist destination-led cruise company, says result for the financial year ended 31 October 2008 will be better than forecast and that the company intends to disclose its figures by end of this month.
"It is anticipated that underlying pretax profits for fiscal year 2007/2008 will be broadly in line with market expectations (excluding GBP 1.4 million of fuel hedging losses which have been crystalised in FY 2007/2008)," ALG said in a statement.
"However, following the adoption of IFRS, and as the company does not apply hedge accounting, the fair value treatment of outstanding currency hedging contracts at 31st October 2008 will cause an uplift in pre-tax profits in the order of GBP 4 million. As a result the Group's reported pre-tax profits will be significantly higher than current estimates," the company said.
ALG operates cruises under the Voyages of Discovery and Swan Hellenic brands.
Alternative flash content
- Crystal Cruises unveils savings, inclusive perks and expanded shore excursions
- Princess Cruises Memorial Day Sale offers cruise deals to honor military service
- Carnival Cruise Line's 'Great Group Getaway' promotion offered through June 30
- P&O Cruises offers extra on board spending money on 200 plus cruises
- Princess Cruises offers cruise deals to celebrate the Mother's Day
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Air & Sea
- Finnair opens sales for flights with all-new Airbus A350 aircraft
- Emirates Airline to offer daily service between Dubai and Orlando
- Lufthansa sets new standards in cabin design and service
- Air Canada to launch nonstop service from Toronto to Dubai
- United Airlines adds Transatlantic routes for summer 2015