- Ongoing improvement in cruise industry fundamentals - Carnival's Donald
- Carnival forecasts strong yield rise, but warns of strong dollar
- Carnival reports strong first quarter as Carnival Cruise Line and Costa in Asia shine
- Carnival group, Meyer Werft and Fincantieri in nine ship agreement
- Carnival Corp & plc close to order 10 ships at Fincantieri, Meyer Werft - reports
- Deutschland sold to undisclosed US buyer, to retain name
- Ovation of the Seas to become second Quantum class ship based in China
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 15:23
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
All Leisure Group plc (ALG), a leading UK-based specialist destination-led cruise company, says result for the financial year ended 31 October 2008 will be better than forecast and that the company intends to disclose its figures by end of this month.
"It is anticipated that underlying pretax profits for fiscal year 2007/2008 will be broadly in line with market expectations (excluding GBP 1.4 million of fuel hedging losses which have been crystalised in FY 2007/2008)," ALG said in a statement.
"However, following the adoption of IFRS, and as the company does not apply hedge accounting, the fair value treatment of outstanding currency hedging contracts at 31st October 2008 will cause an uplift in pre-tax profits in the order of GBP 4 million. As a result the Group's reported pre-tax profits will be significantly higher than current estimates," the company said.
ALG operates cruises under the Voyages of Discovery and Swan Hellenic brands.
Alternative flash content
- Royal Caribbean International launches WOW sale
- MSC Cruises changes pricing structure for summer 2015 in UK
- Norwegian Cruise Line rounds out Wave Season with new offer
- Blount Small Ship Adventures celebrates Presidents' Day with deals and historic cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line offers special Carnival Vista Europe group promotion through February 28
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- TTS to supply shell doors and platforms for Star Cruises newbuilds
- MCP CEO: Coming 4G networks can revolutionize cruise ship passenger experience
- ABB's marine solutions to boost efficiency, reliability and flexibility of Tallink's first LNG-powered ferry
- GE to propel new MSC Cruises 'Seaside' ships
- New Tallink ferry to be powered by Wärtsilä dual-fuel engines