- Costa Diadema's modern art to complement its innovative design
- Princess Cruises unveils hip Night Sky Lounge aboard Regal Princess
- P&O Cruises Australia to introduce restrictions on beverages brought on board
- Cruise industry injected AUD34 million in Vanuatu economy in 2013
- MSC Cruises has today begun the roll-out of itstravel agent booking platform, MSC Book
- Upper end of cruise market less focused on ship
- Prestige acquisition widens Norwegian group's market segments, geographical range and earnings base
- It's official: Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. to acquire Prestige Cruises International, Inc. for $3.025 billion
- Star Cruises’ losses mount in April-June period to $21.7 million
- Quantum class ships to float on bed of air bubbles, waste glass etc. frozen to prevent bacteria growth
- Quantum class Two70 windows to become video screens, Bionic bar robots mix drinks
- Quantum to offer six times faster Internet than other cruise ships, allows streaming video, use of Facetime, Skype
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 15:23
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
All Leisure Group plc (ALG), a leading UK-based specialist destination-led cruise company, says result for the financial year ended 31 October 2008 will be better than forecast and that the company intends to disclose its figures by end of this month.
"It is anticipated that underlying pretax profits for fiscal year 2007/2008 will be broadly in line with market expectations (excluding GBP 1.4 million of fuel hedging losses which have been crystalised in FY 2007/2008)," ALG said in a statement.
"However, following the adoption of IFRS, and as the company does not apply hedge accounting, the fair value treatment of outstanding currency hedging contracts at 31st October 2008 will cause an uplift in pre-tax profits in the order of GBP 4 million. As a result the Group's reported pre-tax profits will be significantly higher than current estimates," the company said.
ALG operates cruises under the Voyages of Discovery and Swan Hellenic brands.
Ports & Destinations
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
Air & Sea
- Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- Etihad's Alitalia deal to strengthen Rome and Milan hubs
- Delta announces new service from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City
- Etihad to add six new destinations during the first half of 2015
- Enhanced security measures at certain airports for U.S. bound flights