- Exit from Norwegian to markedly lift Genting Hong Kong earnings
- Carnival Corporation expands fleet in China to an industry-leading six ships in 2016
- Cruise tourism grows in Malta
- Royal Caribbean International appoints Jim Berra as new Chief Marketing Officer
- Crystal to expand from oceans to river and air, too
- Crystal Cruises to order three new ships, launch yacht and river cruises
- Carnival Corporation & plc increases dividend by 20 percent
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 15:23
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
All Leisure Group plc (ALG), a leading UK-based specialist destination-led cruise company, says result for the financial year ended 31 October 2008 will be better than forecast and that the company intends to disclose its figures by end of this month.
"It is anticipated that underlying pretax profits for fiscal year 2007/2008 will be broadly in line with market expectations (excluding GBP 1.4 million of fuel hedging losses which have been crystalised in FY 2007/2008)," ALG said in a statement.
"However, following the adoption of IFRS, and as the company does not apply hedge accounting, the fair value treatment of outstanding currency hedging contracts at 31st October 2008 will cause an uplift in pre-tax profits in the order of GBP 4 million. As a result the Group's reported pre-tax profits will be significantly higher than current estimates," the company said.
ALG operates cruises under the Voyages of Discovery and Swan Hellenic brands.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- Swan Hellenic offers discounts for singles on some 2015 summer cruises
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in twin for sole occupancy offer
- Royal Caribbean offers up to $200 onboard credit during five-day WOW Sale
- Princess Cruises offers cruise savings during 'Great Getaways Sale'
- Norwegian's Freestyle Choice Spectacular available until end of July
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Damen launches second of two ferries for the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Trimline appoints new CFO
- Wärtsilä to adjust its Ship Power business to reflect the weak market situation
- MSC Cruises selects Thordon Bearing's COMPAC system for Seaside newbuilds
- MagicPilot to go – MKN launches new mobile app