- Tallink's Liisi Kutt crowned BACARDI Cruise Competition Bartender of the Year 2014
- Reno named Vice President of Entertainment at Carnival Cruise Lines
- Costa Cruises' contest to name Diadema's godmother draws more than 500 applicants
- Princess Cruises launches new "Seawitch" craft beer series with exclusive 50th anniversary blend
- Oceania Cruises to offer free internet
- Cruising injected $44 billion in US economy 2013 – study
- Cruise industry worldwide expenditures $117 billion in 2013 - CLIA
- Holland America Line names its new ship as Koningsdam
- Dingle to become Carnival UK chairman, Noyes new CEO
- CBR Odo Commentary – Growing orderbook puts pressure on supply driven business model
- Ctrip and RCCL plan joint venture to manage Celebrity Century, explore deepening cooperation
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. to sell Celebrity Century to Ctrip
- Category: More News
- Published on Monday, 09 February 2009 15:23
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
All Leisure Group plc (ALG), a leading UK-based specialist destination-led cruise company, says result for the financial year ended 31 October 2008 will be better than forecast and that the company intends to disclose its figures by end of this month.
"It is anticipated that underlying pretax profits for fiscal year 2007/2008 will be broadly in line with market expectations (excluding GBP 1.4 million of fuel hedging losses which have been crystalised in FY 2007/2008)," ALG said in a statement.
"However, following the adoption of IFRS, and as the company does not apply hedge accounting, the fair value treatment of outstanding currency hedging contracts at 31st October 2008 will cause an uplift in pre-tax profits in the order of GBP 4 million. As a result the Group's reported pre-tax profits will be significantly higher than current estimates," the company said.
ALG operates cruises under the Voyages of Discovery and Swan Hellenic brands.
- Costa Cruises to offer free upgrades and reduced deposits on Caribbean cruises from Miami
- Norwegian Cruise Line UK in all inclusive package promotion
- Princess launches 'Endless Summer Sale'
- Norwegian offers savings on Alaska cruises
- MSC Cruises offers 'Grand Voyage' and special wine theme cruises this fall
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Air & Sea
- Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- Etihad's Alitalia deal to strengthen Rome and Milan hubs
- Delta announces new service from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City
- Etihad to add six new destinations during the first half of 2015
- Enhanced security measures at certain airports for U.S. bound flights