- Fred. Olsen Cruise Line stages huge improvement in interims
- Costa Cruises' 'Captain for a Day' program enables junior cruisers to experience life at the helm
- Carnival Pride to return to Tampa to operate series of voyages in January and February 2017
- Legend of the Seas returns to Singapore for a new season
- TUI Cruises to host musical festival at sea
- Genting Hong Kong interim profit soars on sale gains
- Crystal in 2025: six ships, 10 river yachts, five ocean yachts, four aircraft - Rodriguez
- Expanding Crystal Cruises plans to open UK, Hong Kong offices
- MSC Cruises to offer 60-night 'Grand Voyage' from Brazil to Shanghai
- New ships to retain Crystal hallmarks, broaden offerings
- Investments to transform Crystal from cruise to lifestyle company
- TUI AG remains upbeat of performance of its cruise brands
- Published on Tuesday, 11 August 2015 14:21
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Carnival UK CEO David Noyes has today, August 11, 2015, announced a commercial restructure for P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Commenting on the new organisational structure David Noyes said: “We have two leading brands and we need to differentiate between them. By bringing sales and marketing together we will bring a greater focus to each of our great brands.”
As part of the restructure sales & distribution director, Chris Truscott will be leaving the business.
David Noyes said: “Chris Truscott leaves this business in a significantly better position than the one he joined. He should be proud of what he has achieved and the relationships he has built. I wish him every success for the future.”
Paul Ludlow has been appointed senior vice-president, sales & marketing for P&O Cruises.
Ludlow, 36, who joins from Princess Cruises where he was managing director UK & Europe, will have full responsibility for the sales and marketing for P&O Cruises as well as sales support, guest insight and digital teams for both brands.
Commenting on the appointment, David Noyes said “I am delighted to appoint Paul to this critical role. Paul’s 15 years of experience within our company makes him an ideal fit to lead the sales and marketing teams for P&O Cruises to ensure sustained growth of the brand.”
Paul Ludlow said: “Following the launch of Britannia in March, which positioned P&O Cruises at the forefront of the nation’s mind, there has never been a more exciting time for the company. The potential for the industry as a whole is vast and I am determined, through giving a seamless, exemplary guest experience, working closely with our travel agent partners, to develop this growth to the maximum for P&O Cruises.”
The restructure will also include a similar SVP sales & marketing role for Cunard, working alongside Rick Meadows, president for Cunard in North America. Recruitment for this position is currently underway.
Jeremy McKenna, head of partner sales will lead the agency sales team, currently for both brands, reporting directly to Ludlow in the interim period until the SVP Cunard sales and marketing role is appointed.
Princess Cruises will be recruiting for Paul Ludlow’s replacement. During his tenure at Princess Ludlow established separate commercial operations for Princess in the UK, including dedicated teams responsible for revenue management, sales, marketing, reservations, customer relations and PR. He led the team which launched Royal Princess in Southampton, by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.
He also oversaw the growth of Princess guests from the UK, including the successful introduction of Asia as a key destination for the UK market and launched new travel agent tools, such as Flight Select and OneSource cruises, part of the line’s programme to support and reward its travel agent partners.
- Published on Tuesday, 11 August 2015 13:08
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Royal Caribbean International today announced the new Royal Suite Class, designed for the most discerning adventurers. When vacationing in one of a range of innovative accommodations, guests will enjoy an experience like no other featuring a wide-range of benefits and amenities that they expect from a world-class luxury vacation.
“The new Royal Suite Class redefines luxury at sea with exceptional experiences that discriminating travelers will appreciate,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “We offer some of the most amazing and unique suites aboard the most revolutionary ships, and with Royal Suite Class we are creating an experience that is both inviting and invigorating for guests seeking a luxurious adventure that is anything but boring.”
Along with well-appointed accommodations, Royal Suite Class will offer a range of exclusive amenities based on three tiered service levels. Premium features include a Royal Genie, certified by the British Butler Institute to meet guests every need; free VOOM, the fastest internet at sea; complimentary specialty dining; an ultimate beverage package; inclusive gratuities; preferred seating at select onboard venues, and upgraded room amenities.
The Royal Suite Class will be available for sailings beginning May 2016 aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis- and Quantum-class ships, Anthem of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, and Oasis of the Seas, as well as Harmony of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas when they debut in spring 2016.
The Royal Suite Class comprises three service levels based on suite category: Star Class, Sky Class and Sea Class.
– The Star Class includes the most comprehensive collection of amenities and services and the most expansive and richly appointed accommodations, such as Quantum-class’ two-deck high Royal Loft Suite, along with the Owner’s Loft Suite, Four Bedroom Family Suite, Grand Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite and Two Bedroom AquaTheater Suite.
– The Sky Class features a selection of inclusive amenities in beautifully furnished staterooms such as the AquaTheater Suite, Crown Loft Suite, Owner’s Suite, Royal Family Suite, Superior Grand Suite and Grand Suite.
– The Sea Class includes premium touches in spacious suites such as the Family Connected Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite, Spa Junior Suite and Junior Suite.
Guests booked in the Royal Suite Class will experience a range of exclusive offerings based on their suite category that include:
– Superior Service: a ‘first’ for Royal Caribbean, Star Class guests will receive the new and complimentary Royal Genie service. The Royal Genie trained and certified by the British Butler Institute, will serve as a personal assistant to help guests with nearly everything and anything, 24 hours a day. Royal Genies take care of restaurant and show reservations, in-room dining requests, and any other needs – from laundry, pressing and shoe shining, to luggage handling and unpacking. In addition, the Royal Genie will pamper guests with handcrafted cocktails made in-suite as well as assist in creating and reserving customized shore excursions.
– Upgraded Amenities: guests in the Royal Suite Class will enjoy the ultimate ‘home away from home’ with upgraded amenities, such as Hermès, Ferragamo and L’OCCITANE bath products and luxury pillow top mattresses. Star Class guests will luxuriate in their suites with exclusive Duxiana DUX mattresses and Frette linens.
– Personalized Experiences: luxury is defined by personal experiences and onboard a Royal Caribbean ship it is embodied by the crew and unmatched tailored service – from a personalized welcome gift to a guest’s favorite cocktail before dinner, guests will feel as if all their personal preferences have been met.
– Exclusive and Priority Access: Royal Suite Class guests also will have exclusive access to the California-chic Coastal Kitchen restaurant reserved for Suite guests only. On Royal Caribbean’s private beach paradise Labadee, Haiti suite guests enjoy access to the exclusive Barefoot Beach and have the ability to reserve private cabanas on the island. Additionally, Star and Sky Class guests enjoy a private Suite Sun Deck and reserved VIP seating in entertainment productions, like fully licensed Broadway musicals and Oasis-class’ AquaTheater high-diving spectaculars.
For details on the Royal Suite Class and amenities available for each class visit www.RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalSuiteClass.
- Published on Tuesday, 11 August 2015 10:25
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH), the world’s thirdlargest cruise shipping company, has announced the launch of a secondary public offering of 20 million of its ordinary shares by certain funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, LLC, Star NCLC Holdings Ltd. and certain funds affiliated with TPG Global, LLC.
Star NCLC Holdings is part of the Genting Hong Kong group, which has acquired Crystal Cruises and unveiled major development plans for the Los Angeles based luxury market company.
This is the third such sale, the first one being unveiled on 5 March and the second on 19 May. However, in the first sale, only TPG and STar NCLC were involved and they offered a total of 12.5 million shares in NCLH, while in may both the number of shares and the sellers were the same as today.
The share sale is pursuant to an automatic shelf registration statement on Form S-3 filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). Norwegian will not sell any ordinary shares in the offering and will not receive any of the proceeds from the offering. The total number of Norwegian ordinary shares outstanding will not change as a result of the offering, NCLH said in a statement.
- Published on Monday, 10 August 2015 21:04
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
On the heels of last month’s stunning announcement, including Crystal River Cruises, the world’s most awarded luxury cruise line unveiled today more detailed plans for its collection of two Crystal river yacht vessels, which will be launched in Europe starting in late March 2017. The new series of vessels will boast a yacht-like design featuring larger accommodations and space-to-guest ratio than any other river cruise ship, and include Crystal’s signature all-inclusive six-star service, plus a fresh approach to the traditional river itineraries and experiences.
“We continue to listen to what our guests and the luxury traveler want, and river cruises are what they’ve been telling us they want for some time – it’s a natural extension of the exceptional ocean cruise Crystal has offered for the past 25 years,” says Crystal President and CEO Edie Rodriguez. “But more importantly, they want to experience river cruises on a luxury Crystal vessel, and their desires will be fulfilled on our luxury Crystal river yachts.”
The 70-suite luxury river yachts, which will be built by German shipyard Lloyd Werft, will surpass current and planned river boats or ships, and be the first in the industry to feature exceptional amenities and itinerary highlights including:
– 250 square-foot guest suites with walk-in wardrobes, American king size beds and bathrooms with double vanities
– Two 500 square-foot Penthouse Suites with added comforts and conveniences
– Spacious public areas, including Palm Court with dance floor and glass domed roof and a well-appointed fitness center and spa
Itineraries, fares and bookings for Crystal River Cruises will be available beginning December 1, 2015.
Taking advantage of its large suites to avoid multiple packing and unpacking with pre and post hotel stays as it is common with other river operators, Crystal’s new river vessels will deploy itineraries that maximize time in port for meaningful shore-side excursions and experiences. This will afford Crystal guests virtually front-row access to some of Europe’s most charming cities and always guarantee the award-winning Crystal service and dining experiences without the hassle and uncertainties of local hotel services and standards. Crystal’s itineraries will also intentionally deviate from traditional river cruise routes to avoid congestion of other vessels in port.
Crystal will dedicate a portion of each cruise to sailing along some of the most picturesque rivers in central Europe – including destinations such as France, Germany, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria – during daytime hours, allowing travelers to relish the extraordinary scenery. This timing also affords guests the opportunity to enjoy the nightlife in select destinations with port overnights, which will often present inclusive culinary experiences ashore at Michelin-starred restaurants and local eateries, and exclusive evening events and entertainment.
“The beauty of river cruising is not only that travelers enjoy close-up access to more fascinating inland locales, but also that the rivers themselves are coveted destinations that shouldn’t be overlooked,” says Rodriguez. “Our guests will have the opportunity to revel in the unique environment that sets river cruising apart from other travel experiences.”
During days spent in port, Crystal River Cruises will offer guests a bevy of the immersive Crystal Adventures as well as launch its newest shore-side program called Active Exploration Adventures. Tailored for guests wanting a high-intensity shore-side activity, Crystal is offering a complimentary active excursion for guests to explore the splendid European landscapes while staying fit on their vacation. Travelers may also choose to create their own active adventures using the many bicycles (electric or manual), segaways and other active gear available on the ship for independent exploration. A luxury yacht tender will also be available for private yachting experiences that take guests to even more secluded areas within the destinations.
Itineraries, fares and bookings for Crystal River Cruises will be available on December 1, 2015 by going online to www.crystalcruises.com.
- Published on Monday, 10 August 2015 12:32
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
AIDA Cruises, the German unit of Carnival Corp & plc, has appointed Felix Eichhorn as President as the current incumbent, Michael Ungerer, will take up a new position with Carnival Asia, the German company said in a statement.
Eichhorn has so far worked as Senior Vice President Sales at the Rostock based company.
Ungerer will take up the position of Chief Operations Officer Shared Services at Carnival Asia, which is based in Singapore, AIDA said.
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- Experience AIDA pure – an extraordinary voyage to the Orient
- Cunard announces World Adventure Month
- Swan Hellenic offers discounts for singles on some 2015 summer cruises
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in twin for sole occupancy offer
- Royal Caribbean offers up to $200 onboard credit during five-day WOW Sale
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Trimline transform ship repairs with their new In-Service Support Department
- Eco-ferry Texelstroom launched in Spain
- Damen launches second of two ferries for the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Trimline appoints new CFO
- Wärtsilä to adjust its Ship Power business to reflect the weak market situation