- China's first Around-the-World Cruise debuts from Shanghai on Costa Atlantica
- Tallink sells two 1980s built cruise ferries
- Cruise Critic launches new site in Australia
- MSC Cruises appoints Chiara Brooker in new UK sales manager trade operations post
- Tallink expects result improvement after disappointing 2014
- Category: Oasis-class Coverage
- Published on Thursday, 09 September 2010 17:05
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Autronica Fire and Security has delivered an extensive fire safety system to Royal Caribbean International's forthcoming mega-cruise ship, Allure of the Seas. The installation, which included the implementation of new ISEMS – Integrated Safety and Emergency Management System – functionality as part of the AutroMaster 5000 presentation system, is complete with final commissioning scheduled to take place in November 2010. (Autronica is part of UTC Fire & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
Autronica was chosen to provide the systems for Allure of the Seas following the successful installation and subsequent smooth operation of the sophisticated custom fire safety system aboard RCI's first mega-cruise ship, Oasis of the Seas.
"We have had excellent feedback from RCI about the Oasis of the Seas installation. They tell us that the system is easy to use and provides a great overview in an emergency operation as well as on a daily basis," comments Jon-Arne Simonsen, Autronica's responsible Regional Sales Manager. "Allure of the Seas benefits from a similar custom system, that will provide crew and emergency staff with a complete, detailed overview of the entire vessel and safety systems, should there be a fire, or indeed any other kind of incident."
The incredible size of the Allure of the Seas means that the AutroMaster system has to handle and present a massive amount of data in an easy to view fashion. There are eight AutroMaster ISEMS terminals and thousands of points relaying real-time data including:
- 37 Fire alarm panels
- 9500 Smoke and heat detectors
- 1030 Fire doors
- 300 Sprinklers
- 300 Low location lights
- 1350 Controlled CCTV cameras
- 830 Fire dampers
AutroMaster uses a simple graphical user interface to provide control and monitoring of every point and on all detection loops of the fire detection network onboard. The safety officers onboard Allure of the Seas have an even more detailed view of what's happening onboard because of the range of extra ISEMS functionality within the AutroMaster system:
Decision Support System - Incident Manager: Interactive incident management system.
ISEMS Plotting Functionality: A sophisticated icon-based plotting system that allows operators to direct and keep track of various emergency teams on the vessel's GA plan.
Event Replay: Provides review of system events for training or investigation purposes.
Training Module: A tool for interactive training and simulation of ISEMS operations.
CCTV Interface: An automatic function that activates the nearest camera to any detector/manual call point in alarm so that the situation may be viewed live.
Advisory Cards: Text and pictures for various damage controls will be displayed either as a separate page or icons on the GA plan, providing information on how to act, for instance how to close a specific watertight door.
Also included are ISEMS modules for displaying status of Water Tight Doors, showing primary and secondary escape routes as a layer on the GA plan and providing the open and closed status of shell doors.
Alternative flash content
- Norwegian Cruise Line rounds out Wave Season with new offer
- Blount Small Ship Adventures celebrates Presidents' Day with deals and historic cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line offers special Carnival Vista Europe group promotion through February 28
- Norwegian Cruise Line UK launches Wave Season promotion
- Bookings open for Britain's first cookery school at sea on Britannia
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Scanship wins Total Clean Ship System order for Silversea newbuilding
- Trimline refurbishes twenty suites for Azamara Club Cruises
- Queen Mary 2 to be fitted with Wärtsilä Hamworthy waste water treatment system
- KONE wins a fourth consecutive Oasis-class order
- TUI Cruises installs Resco PMS on its fleet