- TUI Cruises' Mein Schiff Golf Club tournament to take in seven German courses
- Pandaw teams up with Inter Continental Asiana Saigon
- Crystal Cruises introduces 16 European cycling tours
- Celebrity Cruises unveils two ship 2015-16 Australia-Pacific pogramme
- MSC Cruises America appoints Bonnie Levengood svp marketing
Alternative flash content
- Category: Oasis-class Coverage
- Published on Thursday, 09 September 2010 17:05
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Autronica Fire and Security has delivered an extensive fire safety system to Royal Caribbean International's forthcoming mega-cruise ship, Allure of the Seas. The installation, which included the implementation of new ISEMS – Integrated Safety and Emergency Management System – functionality as part of the AutroMaster 5000 presentation system, is complete with final commissioning scheduled to take place in November 2010. (Autronica is part of UTC Fire & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
Autronica was chosen to provide the systems for Allure of the Seas following the successful installation and subsequent smooth operation of the sophisticated custom fire safety system aboard RCI's first mega-cruise ship, Oasis of the Seas.
"We have had excellent feedback from RCI about the Oasis of the Seas installation. They tell us that the system is easy to use and provides a great overview in an emergency operation as well as on a daily basis," comments Jon-Arne Simonsen, Autronica's responsible Regional Sales Manager. "Allure of the Seas benefits from a similar custom system, that will provide crew and emergency staff with a complete, detailed overview of the entire vessel and safety systems, should there be a fire, or indeed any other kind of incident."
The incredible size of the Allure of the Seas means that the AutroMaster system has to handle and present a massive amount of data in an easy to view fashion. There are eight AutroMaster ISEMS terminals and thousands of points relaying real-time data including:
- 37 Fire alarm panels
- 9500 Smoke and heat detectors
- 1030 Fire doors
- 300 Sprinklers
- 300 Low location lights
- 1350 Controlled CCTV cameras
- 830 Fire dampers
AutroMaster uses a simple graphical user interface to provide control and monitoring of every point and on all detection loops of the fire detection network onboard. The safety officers onboard Allure of the Seas have an even more detailed view of what's happening onboard because of the range of extra ISEMS functionality within the AutroMaster system:
Decision Support System - Incident Manager: Interactive incident management system.
ISEMS Plotting Functionality: A sophisticated icon-based plotting system that allows operators to direct and keep track of various emergency teams on the vessel's GA plan.
Event Replay: Provides review of system events for training or investigation purposes.
Training Module: A tool for interactive training and simulation of ISEMS operations.
CCTV Interface: An automatic function that activates the nearest camera to any detector/manual call point in alarm so that the situation may be viewed live.
Advisory Cards: Text and pictures for various damage controls will be displayed either as a separate page or icons on the GA plan, providing information on how to act, for instance how to close a specific watertight door.
Also included are ISEMS modules for displaying status of Water Tight Doors, showing primary and secondary escape routes as a layer on the GA plan and providing the open and closed status of shell doors.
Ports & Destinations
- Terminal 109/110 reopens in Venice
- Cruise toursim in St Petersburg grew five times the rate of all visits 2013
- Carnival Dream becomes largest cruise ship based in New Orlean
- South Pacific Cruise Alliance highlights region's year round attraction
- Cruise Baltic and Cruise Copenhagen Network appoints new Director
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines offer up to 30% savings for multiple cruise bookings
- Norwegian offers savings for Hawaii sailings
- Holland America's 'Summer On Sale' promotion focuses on family cruising in Europe, the Mediterranean and Alaska
- Norwegians spring into perks
- Costa Cruises offers special fares on select spring Med sailings
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Products & services
- Trimline to carry out Star Pride transformation.
- DNV GL introduces next generation energy efficiency methodology
- Dampa to supply ceilings for AIDA Cruises’ two newbuildings
- Three classification societies approve Wärtsilä propulsion condition monitoring service
- MTN and Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines extend four-year relationship
Air & Sea
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport deploys automated passport control kiosks
- Lufthansa presents Premium Economy Class
- Emirates adds ninth gateway to its USA network
- United Airlines to launch nonstop service between Los Angeles and Melbourne, Australia
- Finnair to open direct service between Helsinki and Miami